Wacky monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wacky monitor

I have a monitor that works fine most of the time, but will all of a sudden go all green or black. I smack the side a couple times and it works again. Should I open it up to see if anything is loose, or wait for my 10,000v gloves and fiberglass pole?

Re: Wacky monitor

Hi Spacedye69!

Yes wear rubber gloves and a rubber boots with a nice trenchcoat made of rubber
    Just kidding but take care there is lethal voltages in there so if you don't know what you are doing I say TAKE CARE!!
    It could be anything, can be bad solder joint if the D-Sub is soldered right on the pcb but if there is no connector at the rear of your monitor you have to look elsewhere.
    Not much

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=362
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Had a TV do that, eventually the sure way of fixing it; slapping it on the side, stopped working ;-)

So I opened it up and found a loose solder joint on the PCB attached to the neck of the tube, worked perfect ever since I resoldered that ;-)
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson
          Had a TV do that, eventually the sure way of fixing it; slapping it on the side, stopped working ;-)

So I opened it up and found a loose solder joint on the PCB attached to the neck of the tube, worked perfect ever since I resoldered that ;-)
          thats the most likely place for this trouble.
          look at the socket,video amp transistors,large resistors,anything on a heatsink.resolder anything that looks bad.

Comment

Working...
          X