X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting an external display to oceanic le-32z4 mainboard

Hello,

This is more a "hack" related question than a troobleshooting thread:

I have a TV with dead display but the mainboard which delivers LVDS signals still functionnal.

I would like to reuse the TV board as digital tuner and output the picture on an external display:

A first approach could be to connect a pannel directly to the LVDS connector but that would require disassembling a computer's display for providing access to the LVDS connector.

A better approach would be to connect the TV board to the display through HDMI, VGA or even composite video, provided the loss in quality is accepted.

However, on the TV board, HDMI, and VGA are inputs. So I tried to connect over pin 20 of the SCART connector, but there is no picture.

So I would like to know if there is a way to get a video output from a digital TV board other than that provided over the LVDS connector.

Picture of the mainboard in attachment.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pierre95; 11-05-2019, 04:01 AM.

Re: Connecting an external display to oceanic le-32z4 mainboard

google something like "universal tcon" or "LVDS to HDMI" on ali.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3285...chweb201603_52

You should be able to get composite video and audio from the scart connector, in order to record something. Not sure, maybe something has to be turned on in the menu in order for it to work. There are also adapters for it. Just watch that you use the correct pins, as some are inputs, others are outputs. Its been a long time since I've used scart.
    https://www.wish.com/product/5ac06e5...iABEgL2-PD_BwE
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 11-07-2019, 06:33 AM.

Comment

google LCD controller boards. Something like this.
      https://www.amazon.com/Controller-B1.../dp/B06X9B3RKK

I use them to interface between my raspberry pies HDMI output and old laptop lcd screens 30 and 40 pin connections . Works great, i have one set up on the wall above my bench to use for searching and looking at schematics.

The above one is for use with LCD panels up to 17 inches but if you research you can find them for up to 50 inches compatible.

Comment

Thanks for the provided links.

The one from aliexpress may work, HDMI being labelled as output and LVDS as input. Less sure about the other from Amazon as the configuration is more typical of the video coming from the connectors at the bottom, and being output onto LVDS.

Both are quite expensive.

There maybe a way for activating composite video on scart, but as I cannot see what is displayed, I cannot manage to seek the menus.

There are 4 jack connectors, 2 are not documented and maybe one has composite video for debugging purposes. I'll have to check the waveforms.

Comment

Working...
        X