Macbook Air A2337 820-02016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Air A2337 820-02016

Hi everyone, lurked this sub quite a bit and have learned a lot. I have been into repairing game consoles for a while but recently saw a water damaged Air for really cheap so i jumped on it.

Being new to the apple logic boards, i'm kind of lost on finding and following the power rails so i'm tapping into the best repair minds i know.

Symptoms: In the case, the charging port show 5.05v and 0 amps.
    Outside of the case, same 5.05v and no amps.

Here is the board with the damage before i cleaned it up.

So once it was all cleaned up i started checking caps for shorts and found one cap shorted up near the charging chip and on the other side of the board that big cap is shorted which seems to be tied to this chip as well. Ive marked them on this board view. Hoping that someone with this board can confirm if these caps should be showing continuity on both sides?

In learning these boards a bit better, what would be the go to chips and area to follow voltage and identify problem ic's? Whats your work flow when dealing with apple logic boards?

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys!
    Attached Files

Re: Macbook Air A2337 820-02016

Same as with fixing any electronic device, and in case of liquid damage, take note of all affected components, clean and fix the obvious. Once that's done and if it's still not working go through the power rails and measure voltage and resistance to ground.

Impossible to know which components you are talking about with such low resolution picture and rough marking.

Without any experience and knowledge, a new Apple machine is the worst choice you can make to begin board repair.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Re: Macbook Air A2337 820-02016

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      Same as with fixing any electronic device, and in case of liquid damage, take note of all affected components, clean and fix the obvious. Once that's done and if it's still not working go through the power rails and measure voltage and resistance to ground.

Impossible to know which components you are talking about with such low resolution picture and rough marking.

Without any experience and knowledge, a new Apple machine is the worst choice you can make to begin board repair.
      Haha, thanks for the reply, yes i jumped off the deep end. The price was right so lets see if it turns out to be good. Even if i learn then its still a great investment. ill get some better pictures and follow up, i was hoping someone with the same board could point me to testing specific parameters in components.

i have the schematics so ill start prodding around until some more help comes. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X