X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My English ability is not good
    But I hope my data will be helpful to someone.

Comment

Joined to get some data to get my notebook fixed. Hope to stay for a while.

Comment

Posting my introduction in hopes of being able to start a thread on a TV repair I'm working on. I'm a lot better at working on mechanical things than electronic, but hopefully that can change.

Comment

Hello,

I'm here because I try to keep my old computers (Macs, because unix) running as long as possible, and finally became a member because one of my old HP LP3065 monitors started gong bzzzpt bzzzpt and won't come up.

Nerd background: astronomy degree some decades ago, one electronics lab course along the way, possess a well-worn copy of Horowitz and Hill, two 'scopes, three meters, and plastic drawers full of parts and Raspberry Pis and arduinos. Favorite computer language: Common Lisp.

I'm no electronics wiz, though, so whenever I do something it usually involves a steady stream of expletives and blasphemies and "this is the last time I do this, ever." Still successful enough to occasionally impress the muggles.

Proudest fix: bringing my old Tek 2335 to life by replace a bad cap with a higher voltage one. But I cheated by reading about the problem on a forum.

Comment

I'm new to posting but been a member for a while, I still

can't figure out font for this site.

Comment

Hello all from Northern Virginia! Happy to join one and all. I'm electronics hobbyist and tinkerer with many home projects that might benefit from the knowledge on this forum. Looking to learn and share anything that might be helpful. Cheers

Comment

Hello , I joined this forum as there seems to be a lot of knowledge here and as i like reading i think my time here will be well spent .

Comment

Re: Hello I'm new Here

Hello to All especially to the Administrator. I'm glad I was accepted on this group forum. I am very thankful. I AM Batch and I love doing electronic repair. As far as I know this group have a lot of sharing knowledge. I love to be shared and impart what I have learned. I'm looking forward to learn from you all. Thread of learnings. To be friend, Thank you.

Comment

Hello everyone ! Decided to join forums.
                    I am techgeek from UK.
                    Looking forward to the experience.

Wish You All the Best

Comment

Hi all, I'm glad I found this forum

Comment

Greetings. Managed to fix a Samsung TV (bad diode in power supply), so I am going to post what I found here.

Comment

Hello everyone, glad to find this forum.

I managed to fix a Samsung TV with a bad diode, so once I am cleared to post, I will write a short note about what I found.

Glad to see this forum - it has been very frustrating trying to do component-level repair with very little information to go on.

Brad

Comment

Hi all. pleased to be hear. im looking for help retriving bios password from a surface pro. i have managed to dump the bios to bin file just need help reading it thanks

Mad

Comment

Thank you for creating this web site. I've been dabbling in electronics for many years but certainly can benefit from the info here.

Comment

Oh and you might want to tone down your robot detector during signup. I'm pretty sure I know the difference between a fish and a car but repeatedly it said I was wrong. I almost gave up after three tries.

Comment

Hi all, Just joined today. Totally new to badcaps although not sure how I never came across this before. Found you today trying to identify a burned resistor on an iMac PSU and finally found what I needed in an old 2014 post here on badcaps. I don't work in IT but have been interested in computers since the early 90s when I got my Amstrad CPC464. I've been doing board-level repairs for around 4 years as a hobby and side hustle for extra cash. I love learning how things work and how to make them work again when they break, I fix all types of stuff from Mobile phones through computers, games consoles and even TVs. I hope to be able to learn a lot here as well as share some of my own solutions.

Comment

I am trying to debug a HP ENVY x360 m Convertible Model115m-cn0012dx ... for a friend ... I would like to work from the schematic but not sure how to get that ... The symptom is it won't power on but the power on push button is fine and there is some response in LED's st the power on button only to the button press. I assume none of the processor power rails are coming up .. AC charger only or Battery Only or AC charger + Battery doesn't make any difference.

Previously worked at AMD Austin and can do everything except the SMT soldering ... but if I can get to the component level issue , I believe I can have someone else replace a broken component. Thanks Bob.

Comment

Hi. I'm an electronics tech. I've worked on various electronics since the late 80's. At my current job do mostly mechanical and electronics troubleshooting and repair on industrial machines. I also do computer and network repair and upgrades.

I'm currently diagnosing an HP W2207 monitor that blanks out after a few minutes. I found this forum online and here I am! It looks like a great site for getting helpful tips for repairing a lot of electronics.

Hopefully, I will be able contribute as well in order to help someone else out.

Thanks,
                                      Joe

Comment

Hello to you all from Denmark, thanks for having me here, i find it very helpfull to find informations about amplifiers and loudspeakers.
                                        Found this forum by searching for repair of an old amp, and it was here. Have to look more into this forum.
                                        Thanks to everybody, very helpfull.

Best regards, Asger

Comment

Hi all! My name is Paul and I am frontend developer. My hobby is FPV and soldering. So that's why I'm here - I have several questions about fixing my broken devices. I already researched a lot of posts but haven't found necessary information - I think it's time for my first post...

Comment

Working...
                                          X