X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello guys and girls

New to the forum, im right at the start of self teaching board repairs. I'm watching some YouTube videos and that's how I've found this forum - im sure this place is going to be very useful indeed!

- Dean

Comment

Hey,

I am a hardware hacker from the UK. Some really interesting content, so looking forward to getting involved.

Comment

Hello
        I am a hw service technician from Slovakia. I'm new to this forum, so I hope I can join.
        Well thank you

Comment

Hi everyone ! I'm Alex and I'd like to fix computers but only for me or my friends because I don't have time for this hobby.

Comment

Hi all! I've recently joined badcaps to get some assistance with troubleshooting a TV issue I have with my Samsung UN55H800AF - hopefully I could figure out the issue with the advice from the members of this forum!

Comment

Hi! First of all thanks for beeing a part of this site.

I am 35 y.o. From Sweden. I am here to learn more about programming bios chpis.

Stay cool and be happy

Comment

Originally posted by s00 View Post
                Hey,

I am a hardware hacker from the UK. Some really interesting content, so looking forward to getting involved.
                Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by mielik6 View Post
                  Hello
                  My name is Tom and i working in repair shop in Poland
                  Welcome Tom! Hope you enjoy your time here

Comment

hi guys thanks for accepting me in your great community

Comment

Hi all, let's fix those displays...

Dougie

Comment

Re: WimTD - New Members -introductions

Hi everyone, glad to be here. My name is WimTD 66 years young and my residence is in the heart of Holland in a small village near Nijmegen. I've studied way back in the 1980s electro & electronics (to give you an idea, the IC chip was just becoming popular in electronics). After my graduation, i've turned to logistics and done nothing in my field of expertise. Needless to say that the electronics part of me always kept itching and now (since a year or 2) I made myself a small workspace with a few things that I need for this hobby, including an microscope (my eyes are not what they use to be) for inspection.
                        What I didn't realized is what I learned in the 1980s did not stick in my memory and that it all changed, ex back then it was "the bigger the better" nowadays it's more like "let's see how small "tiny" we can make things especial the components, with the idea.., If it is broken, you dump it and buy another one.
                        I don't like this mentality, and I think that at the very least you should try to repair it (if it is economically achievable).
                        As I said more than 40 years ago I learned about electronics, but since then there is so much change and progress that it feels like I do not know even 10% from what I am supposed to know now. Yes I do know what resistors, capacitors, elco's, etc are and how to check them, and that is about it..., still learning how power rails (tracks) go on MB's, still learning the basics of laptops repairs.

That was just an little introduction on my side, I hope if ever I am in need of help I can count on you guys / girls.

Many thanks for reading, maybe it is boring, maybe someone here is doing the same as me...

I hope to read more of you and your stories.

Comment

Hi!
                          Excuse me for my english. I am from Brazil, and i am eletronic engineer. I have a local repair shop here.
                          I am in the marketing for over than 25 years. My skills are more focused in software reverse engineer, data recovery and IT.
                          I use win10 as i need for researching, but i prefer linux.
                          My hobbies are the old computers and videogames. I have DE-10nano w/128MB (FPGA).

Comment

hello from monterrey mexico, just a newbie looking some schematics haha

Comment

Hello folks, i'm a security researcher from Canada

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                                I am an old electronics tech from way back. Started with repairing tube amps, TV's, VCR's and stereo equip. It was suggested by someone on another forum that I join this one as it may be a resource for info for me and also I may be a resource for some here.

Comment

Hello there!
                                  I'm an Electrical Engineering Student who broke their laptop and figured it was high time they dipped their toes into hardware. I've designed and worked with PCBs before, but I've never worked on something quite so complicated so I'm glad there's a place I can get help and help others.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by Roncruz View Post
                                      Hello
                                      Hello im new to here thanks for accpeting
                                      I want to learn new things coming from you guys thanks for having me here have a good day to all

Comment

Hello how are you, nice built keep it up.

Comment

Im fresh out the gate on the back of watching too many northridgefix videos....Am I ready to tackle and fix some faulty laptops? who knows! lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X