UN55FH6200 Panel Replacement - A Christmas Miracle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN55FH6200 Panel Replacement - A Christmas Miracle

I had picked up a UN55FH6200 which the owner said was rebooting randomly and I assumed it was an issue with the WIDT20R wifi module. This module has known problems in the E model years. When I looked at it, it had been previously repaired and the main board was replaced with one from a UN40EH series and the wifi module on that one uses a different connector.
    It was already disconnected because of the incompatibility. The main was only secured with 2 screws so I improved the grounding using all the screw holes. Though improved, it still suffered from random reboots. Test was to leave the TV on and mute it and if it rebooted, it would unmute. Assuming there was an incompatibility issue with the main board, I ordered two different boards from two different sellers and both were worse. TV wouldn't turn on, no backlight and the front LED would flash. Ready to give up on this TV, I considering selling as is.

This morning I came across a free UN55J6200 with a cracked screen. Scanning the board prices, the main board wasn't worth much ($15 on ebay) but the power supply board had a bit of value. Picking up the TV, I noticed it was very similar to my FH even though two years apart (large rectangular base, two piece back panel). Searching the UN55FH tcon part number on shopjimmy, the UN55J6200 was listed as a compatible TV! I swapped the panels and tcon and now have a working TV.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by neilc6; 12-21-2021, 05:20 PM.

Re: Panel Replacement - A Christmas Miracle

wow ,i wish i had your luck

Comment

very nice.. time now to root it and inject OScam to view paid tv channel

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Neilc6, I have a running list of panels and tcons from tvs I have come across over the years. Many tvs use the same panel. Lg is also good candidate. So when I buy or find nice tv with a cracked screen and I know that screen is compatible with other models, I just hold it until it becomes available. Sitting on about 8 now.

Comment

Nice fix I Picked up a Samsung UE48H6400AW 3d smart tv with both remotes user manual etc from a free site, it needed a set of led strips as usual fault lens had dropped off and blue tint, a set of 12 strips from ali express £20.00 soon fixed that and now tv is in daily use in my living room.

Comment

Working...
            X