Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 43UF6400 - displays static on all inputs, sound works, menus look and run perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 43UF6400 - displays static on all inputs, sound works, menus look and run perfect

I wonder if it's the mainboard or t-con board. I also wondered why nobody else has posted about this model yet.

Re: LG 43UF6400 - displays static on all inputs, sound works, menus look and run perf

Here is what the inside looks like.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: LG 43UF6400 - displays static on all inputs, sound works, menus look and run perf

There is an audible high pitched "pinging" sound coming from the mainboard when plugged in, but not powered on. Maybe one of the chips with the heatsinks over it.

Comment

Had luck finding a solution with a comment on a youtube video!

SOLVED the issue this week. My 55" LG TV was doing the exact same thing. But it's now working perfectly, and it didn't cost me anything to fix it. I had tried the "reflow oven trick", which is putting the motherboard in the oven at 380 degrees for 10 minutes. That did nothing, but I didn't give up, and tried 3 more times.
        First time: 380 degrees for 10 mins = no result
        Second time: 400 degrees for 10 mins = no result
        Third time: 400 degrees for 15 minutes = mostly clear picture with a slight static
        Fourth time: 405 degrees for 18 minutes = issue fixed!

Motherboard was placed on cardboard from an Amazon box, and placed in the center of the oven. Make sure to let the motherboard cool for about 45 minutes - 1 hour after being in the oven before reinstalling.
        Hopefully this will help someone else who is having a similar issue.

*Why does this work? The soldering on these motherboards can crack / disconnect over time. Even 1 poor solder connection on the motherboard can cause a static screen. Putting the motherboard in the oven will re-melt the solder, and letting it cool properly will allow the connections to "reset". You will get a nasty smell from your oven while doing this, but it's normal. Just have a window / door open with a fan on. *

I did the same, but skipped step 1 and 2 and tried step 3 because it sounded the most promising, but he was absolutely right there were flickers, now I'm trying 405 degrees for 18 minutes...

Comment

I only disagree with putting cardboard in the oven, I used a flat pan with four tiny balls of aluminum foil under each corner to keep it all level.

Comment

Baking boards with BGA issues is only a temporary fix. Problem will come back in weeks or months.

Comment

There are professionals who repair this problem at a reasonable prices. Ive had it done a couple times. However since they have been baked, they may refuse to repair it. The BGA is a common problem with the LG UF series.

Comment

Working...
              X