BenQ GW2255 - White screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BenQ GW2255 - White screen.

This monitor is only 4 months old, I've lost the receipt so I can not get it repaired under warranty.

I was using the monitor yesterday and the screen suddenly turned white. I rebooted the PC thinking that Windows had crashed but even as the computer was rebooting the monitor stayed white so I knew something was wrong.

I followed a Youtube video which claims to have an easy fix for the white screen - it was basically telling me to clean the ribbon cable - which I did but it didn't help. All the capacitors look to be fine on both the power board and the video board.

When I power it up the screen instantly goes bright white, after about 4 seconds it instantly turns black (doesn't fade) then it will turn white again then black then finally it will remain white until power is removed.

The power board is 715G5000-P02-000-003M
    The video board is 715G3849-M01-001-004K
    Last edited by stu232; 04-25-2014, 09:54 AM.

Re: BenQ GW2255 - White screen.

is there a manfacturing date on the back of the monitor?
    you can make a warranty claim without the eceipt if you can prove it's not old enough to be out of warranty.

i'v done this with 4 monitors so far that people threw out!!!!

Comment

MFR. April 2013

How would I go about doing this?

Comment

find out who is benQ service agent & how long the factory warranty is.
        sony for example was 3 years on pro monitors.

Comment

Won't the fact that I've opened the case void my warranty anyway?

Comment

depends, did it have any seals?

Comment

No, no seals at all which I thought was strange.

Comment

pretty common actually these days - seals cost money!

sooo - they wont know you opened it then, unless you scratched the case or screwheads.

Comment

The only screws on the case are the ones that are used to attach the stand, the rear casing and front bezel are all snap on. lol

Comment

I've just spent 2 months going round in circles trying to get this screen repaired under warranty. I have no receipt and no proof at all that I bought it as I paid cash in store. Benq just do not want to know, it's like talking to a robot they will not budge unless I provide proof of purchase. The retailer has tried everything in their power to find details of my purchase but have failed.

I've given up on that front. I'll literally throw up if I need to speak to Benq CS again.

So I'll post my problem again and hope that someone can help.

This monitor is only 4 months old, I've lost the receipt so I can not get it repaired under warranty.

I was using the monitor yesterday and the screen suddenly turned white. I rebooted the PC thinking that Windows had crashed but even as the computer was rebooting the monitor stayed white so I knew something was wrong.

I followed a Youtube video which claims to have an easy fix for the white screen - it was basically telling me to clean the ribbon cable - which I did but it didn't help. All the capacitors look to be fine on both the power board and the video board.

When I power it up the screen instantly goes bright white, after about 4 seconds it instantly turns black (doesn't fade) then it will turn white again then black then finally it will remain white until power is removed.

The power board is 715G5000-P02-000-003M
                    The video board is 715G3849-M01-001-004K

Comment

Can you post pictures of your boards - and if its not led lit and has one a separate inverter board. and the board on the back of the panel - careful with that the connectors can be fragile ( may even be the problem) On the board that is on the panel there is sometime as small fuse tha is what we are looking for.

EDIT - it is LED so no inverter board.
                      Last edited by selldoor; 06-17-2014, 07:49 AM.
                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

You will probably have to start by checking voltage at the large back plug that the white ribbon plugs into on the vga board

Voltage should probably be at pin 1 and 2 near the one canister type capacitor

Comment

Also, please post a photo of the board that is connected at the opposite end of the ribbon cable from the video board. It's at the top of the screen and typically covers the entire width of the screen. Some people call it the t-con board.
                          Last edited by jetadm123; 06-17-2014, 05:40 PM.

Comment

White screen is probably due to no voltage on T-Con board. Check the SMD fuse on the T-Con board, if blown, replace and check the SMD bypass capacitors for shorts/low ohm faults.

Comment

Originally posted by AkumAone View Post
                              White screen is probably due to no voltage on T-Con board. Check the SMD fuse on the T-Con board, if blown, replace and check the SMD bypass capacitors for shorts/low ohm faults.
                              Agreed.

While bad capacitors in the power supply is still a possibility, I'm more inclined to think it's a t-con issues as well. Pics will tell us, though.

T-con usually takes 3.3V or 5V and its own power conversion module inside, which produces three rails: AVDD, (about 10 to 15V), VGH (15 to 30V), and VGL (-5 to -10V). Shorted ceramic capacitors on these rails are not uncommon, especially AVDD. Not too hard to find with a multimeter.

Comment

I have also same problem.. 3.3v ok on screen logic board smd fuse suply ok what i do next
                                Last edited by bhaskar; 06-16-2021, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X