Need help to identify capacitor brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to identify capacitor brand

Want to repair some broken floppy disk drives. I need help to identify the brand of this capacitor to find a suitable replacement.

Did someone know the brand of the capacitor or a suitable replacement in terms of esr / ripple?
    Attached Files

Re: Need help to identify capacitor brand

it's 35v rated, but it cant be seeing more than 12.
    i personally would use a 25v tantalum cap.
    no point trying to fit another smd electrolytic - they are all junk and unless you have hot-tweezers you will probably damage the replacement anyway.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

It´s not a thing how to replace the cap, I have all these nice tools and know how to use them. I am just searching a cap with same spec in terms of esr and ripple. I knew that the one on the picture has 10uf and is 35v rated, but can´t see any other spec.

Don´t want to solder mlcc or tantalum cap.

Comment

well it looks like a nippon-chemicon symbol on it.

Comment

It looks like there`s some corrosion as well on the IC above that cap .
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

actually it looks like the ceramic cap infront of the chip has been broken away from the board on one end.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              well it looks like a nippon-chemicon symbol on it.
              thank you very much.

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              It looks like there`s some corrosion as well on the IC above that cap .
              Originally posted by stj View Post
              actually it looks like the ceramic cap infront of the chip has been broken away from the board on one end.
              there is some dirt and corrosion, but nothing thats not fixable. but the mlcc is fine as you can see after cleaning the area a bit.
              Attached Files

Comment

It may be an ordinary surface mount electrolytic cap rather than a polymer. If so, a good quality 105C general purpose part would probably suffice.
                PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Sorry for missing information. It´s a panasonic floppy from 1991.

Comment

The electrolytic cap is close to the motor H-bridge IC, and likely for local decoupling.
                    Note that the PCB will accomodate a larger cap there, the footprint is larger. The 10uF is likely not critical at all, for ESR.

Comment

Working...
                    X