Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razer Blade 15” Base 2020 (RZ09-0328x) Bricked due to BIOS upgrade

Hello Guys,

I have a Razer Blade 15” Base 2020 (RZ09-0328x) and performed a BIOS update last week (used the factory 1.06). During installation Windows 10 BSODd and my computer didn't start anymore. I could manage to manually flash the BIOS with a CH341A Programmer (only to version 1.03 as 1.06 is still killing my machine) but after that my touchpad is not working anymore. When I check BIOS I could see proper main version but for EC FW and MCU FW versions I see version 1.0.x. (which seems to be incorrect for me). I extracted the BIOS image from official updater (it contained 2 BINs, Dana5_0106.bin and Dana5_0106_FWUpdate.bin.

After few more attmepts my laptop totally died (no charging, no LEDs, etc.). I guess it has something to do with EC chip.

So my request would be if anyone has the same model would you please provide me extracted BIOS and EC FW?

Thanks much in advance!

Re: Razer Blade 15” Base 2020 (RZ09-0328x) Bricked due to BIOS upgrade

Originally posted by beatngu View Post
    Hello Guys,

I have a Razer Blade 15” Base 2020 (RZ09-0328x) and performed a BIOS update last week (used the factory 1.06). During installation Windows 10 BSODd and my computer didn't start anymore. I could manage to manually flash the BIOS with a CH341A Programmer (only to version 1.03 as 1.06 is still killing my machine) but after that my touchpad is not working anymore. When I check BIOS I could see proper main version but for EC FW and MCU FW versions I see version 1.0.x. (which seems to be incorrect for me). I extracted the BIOS image from official updater (it contained 2 BINs, Dana5_0106.bin and Dana5_0106_FWUpdate.bin.

After few more attmepts my laptop totally died (no charging, no LEDs, etc.). I guess it has something to do with EC chip.

So my request would be if anyone has the same model would you please provide me extracted BIOS and EC FW?

Thanks much in advance!
    post the original backup of the main and EC bios laptop.
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi and thanks for your reply! The main bios backup is the same as the original one but for EC i don't have any. I should try to extract the current EC but i guess that would be a broken one.

Anything else I can try to provide?

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
        post the original backup of the main and EC bios laptop.
        Hi and thanks for your reply! The main bios backup is the same as the original one but for EC i don't have any. I should try to extract the current EC but i guess that would be a broken one.

Anything else I can try to provide?

Comment

Have you used the clip or desoldering the chip ?? Make sure it it soldered properly ...

Comment

Originally posted by matusiq View Post
            Have you used the clip or desoldering the chip ?? Make sure it it soldered properly ...
            I used the clip. I think the main BIOS should be fine as I could manage to flash it successfully but the issue is with EC. And I couldn't find EC FW for my model (Razer "support" doesn't provide either).

Comment

Have you located another spi chip there for EC Bios or you have just one ?? What KBC You have over there ?? ITE, ENE ... take a picture of it ... ,, plug it the charger and measure the voltage on BIOS chip leg 8 ... should be 3,3V

Comment

The Dana5_0106_FWUpdate.bin isn`t EC firmware,its ME firmware .
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Have you located another spi chip there for EC Bios or you have just one ?? What KBC You have over there ?? ITE, ENE ... take a picture of it ... ,, plug it the charger and measure the voltage on BIOS chip leg 8 ... should be 3,3V
                  I will check and let you know. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                    The Dana5_0106_FWUpdate.bin isn`t EC firmware,its ME firmware .
                    Thanks! I remember once the windows was working I could manage to run Razer BIOS installed 1.06 which contained this FW but when I checked in BIOS, the ME version was still 1.0.0. (which I guess not updated).

Comment

Program the Dana5_0106.bin again, use NeoProgrammer software. The ch341a (using ch341a software) can fool you sometimes saying its flashed and verified when it hasnt done anything. The bios has configured ME firmware so its AOK.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...04&postcount=7 NeoProgrammer
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Program the Dana5_0106.bin again, use NeoProgrammer software. The ch341a (using ch341a software) can fool you sometimes saying its flashed and verified when it hasnt done anything. The bios has configured ME firmware so its AOK.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...04&postcount=7 NeoProgrammer
                        I've done that again (exactly same steps what you wrote) but my machine is still not turning on. Adding some screenshots of the process.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I will check and let you know. Thanks!
                          I'm not sure which chip should be the EC one. Made a screenshot and marked BIOS chip with RED. Probably EC is the one marked with BLUE?

It's so tough to read what's been written on the chips. Any more details what I'm looking for?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Some boards won`t boot unless the screen is connected. Remove the charger and battery ,connect the cmos battery if there is one ,then the screen,keyboard,battery ,then the charger and try it

Comment

Some boards won`t boot unless the screen is connected. Remove the charger and battery ,connect the cmos battery if there is one ,then the screen,keyboard,battery ,then the charger and try it
                              Thanks. Removed and reconnected everything but no luck.

Comment

I'm not sure which chip should be the EC one. Made a screenshot and marked BIOS chip with RED. Probably EC is the one marked with BLUE?

It's so tough to read what's been written on the chips. Any more details what I'm looking for?
                                Have you put the clip on that one marked blue,it looks like a resistor or cap may be missing,i can`t really tell. If you have a microscope or magnifier take a close up image, and read the part number from the chip as well.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Have you put the clip on that one marked blue,it looks like a resistor or cap may be missing,i can`t really tell. If you have a microscope or magnifier take a close up image, and read the part number from the chip as well.
                                  Probably few missed letters but BLUE chip should be GD25Q64CSIGTR.

Comment

Not sure what could be on that, maybe the thunderbolt firmware

Comment

Chip marked with RED ... sure that it is the right position ??? I can see that have been removed ... maku sure the legs are soldered good ...

Comment

Chip marked with RED ... sure that it is the right position ??? I can see that have been removed ... maku sure the legs are soldered good ...
                                        I haven't removed it during flash. I used a clip. And I could manage to re-flash it today successfully.

I remember when the issue was only with main bios I could see LEDs working. But not anymore. I guess that would be due to EC? I found another chipset (also from WINBOUND) close to the area where keyboard connects to motherboard. Programmer also identified it but could not retrieve image as - I guess - it's broken. So would be nice to find someone who has the same model and could provide EC FW.

Comment

Working...
                                        X