This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Wassup everybody I'm Roland from the third-world, I just bought my first DMM and I'mma 'bout to start learning to fix sh*t, I know basically nothing about electronics but I know a thing or two about computers, so, feel free to ask about that!.

Comment

Hello I'm quintin from the US. Retired from a app eng background and trying to learn some new stuff: board repair, bios programming, ...

Thanks

Comment

Hi! My name is Peter, I live in Hungary, my job is to be an electrical engineer. I'm so glad I found this forum. There is a good chance that my laptop will not become a door support.

Comment

im Nasser from middle east 20 years old

Comment

hello
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-08-2022, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Hello world!

Comment

Hi,

I'm new and I'm learning. still a complete noob and I'm hoping to gain some knowledge from everyone on here.

Thanks so much

Comment

I doubt anyone will actually ever see this, but what the heck - HI! I am Scott, from Maryland (United States). I have an interest in microelectronics but zero training or background. I've done some minor soldering, mostly just replacing batteries in old SNES cartridges so that my kids could save their games.

I found this forum because my 20 year old CRT television doesn't appear to be working, and thought maybe this could be a fun/interesting way to learn something new but clearly will need some help and assistance from people who know what they're doing to have any chance of succeeding. It's possible the old set just isn't worth saving, but it's also possible I can save it from the landfill with a simple and cheap replacement of a capacitor or fixed solder joint? I'm hoping to find out!
                  Mahalo!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I'm an electronics engineer, looking forward to learning more from studying the schematics posted here.

Comment

Hello Everyone, i'm repairing notebooks and other computer hardware.
                      I am looking for information here about BIOS and firmware computer's devices.

Comment

Hi All,
                        I am newbie to this forum looking for some advice on fixing laptops and desktops. I do software for a living but occasionally can do hardware. I know which end of the soldering iron to hold (dont ask me how). Happy to be part of the team.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I am very late posting this introduction. I am (hobbyist) repairing synths, computers, old DAT players , Minidiscs etc and enjoys old hardware with gears aswell as tiny qnf soldering using hot airgun. I am slowly getting better using forums like this and yt videos to learn from others. I did alot of videogames modding back in 2005 and that where i got to learn soldering technique. But my interest here now is reading/writing and building bios images.
                          Glad to be here!

Cheers!

Comment

Hello everyone, hope I found the best place for component level repair

Comment

Hello, I am new here and I find this forum as the best place for 'badcaps'. I am from Romania and i like to search for the bad caps from more than twenty years. Thanks.

Comment

This is the best forum ❤️

Comment

Hi, People, My name is Vincent Letebele. I am so happy to be with all of you here. I hope this is a platform that will improve each and everyone. I thank you.

Comment

Hi, I'm Gary from York, England. I got my degree in microelectronics many years ago from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne and have repaired many TVs & VCRs for friends & family over the years, also used to repair talking book machines for the RNIB. Hobby electronics & computer nutter. Stumbled across this site while trying to find info to repair my own faulty LG TV. How have I not seen it before?!

Comment

Olá a todos:
                                      gostaria de saber como encontrar esquemas eletrônicos de tvs, alguém pode me ajudar?

Comment

Hello everybody,

First of all, I only discovered the forum by chance because I was looking for ASUS laptop repair support.
                                        I love the idea to connect people with similar interests to share all their knowledge.

~Sven

Comment

hi,

I'm getting in micro soldering repairs and i'm aiming to learn, I appreciate the valuable informations that you're providing.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X