Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Use Forum Attachments For Images!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Use Forum Attachments For Images!!

There's nothing worse than seeing a thread full of red 'X's or broken image links!! PLEASE use the attachment feature for image hosting. When posting a thread or reply with images, click the manage attachments button below the text box and upload them to our server. This eliminates a lot of headaches for members viewing your thread long after your cheesy photobucket or imageshack account has removed your images!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Re: Please Use Forum Attachments For Images!!

even if they are still available the worst is when you are trying to reply and the offsite images are still slowly loading.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

imageshack is slooow...
      days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

How about imagevenue? They seem a bit more reliable.

Any concerns with site bandwidth with large images?

Comment

we have no bandwith concerns but it nice to be respectful to other members so the threads are loading fast (use 700px wide max)

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868

Comment

How about imagevenue? They seem a bit more reliable.
            i don't know. i don't trust any other free image hosting than geocities. i host a website there from 2001 and still running to this day. with some trick you can use it to hotlink the images from the forum too. (will, is what i said allowed?)

also i just want to add some tips for you who want to upload screenshot. you may alreaddy know that png is better than jpeg for screenshot. it is better because it is lossles, can be 16kb color, smaller in filesize, and you can add transparency too.

you know, when you visit a webpage with dozens of those jpeg screenshoot, and it slooow because the images take hundreds of kilobytes where png would save it for half the sizes, you feel tired. you on a laptop and using cellphone as a dialup modem. isn't it perfect?

jpeg is only better for natural photography.

/just my 2 cent.

days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

png is better than jpeg for screenshot.
              hmm i will try that. saving photos as png is a mistake though, for instance i just saved a tiff in png and it was 6mb, the jpg was 482kb.

Comment

How about imgur.com? I know this is an oldish post, but AFAIK imgur is not blocked by many isp's/counties.

Comment

Try reading this couple times and change the words photobucket or imageshack for any other provider you wish:

This eliminates a lot of headaches for members viewing your thread long after your cheesy photobucket or imageshack account has removed your images!
                  Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                  Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                    There's nothing worse than seeing a thread full of red 'X's or broken image links!! This eliminates a lot of headaches for members viewing your thread long after your cheesy photobucket has removed your images!
                    Photobucket=OFC (Of fucking course!) That's a notorious one for removing images in a short time.

imgur is a good one, IIRC, far less likely to delete or disable images for no-good reason.
                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 12-29-2015, 09:16 PM.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Imgur is excellent - be sure to sign up for a free account so you can manage your images.

Comment

That post almost seems like your account have been hacked and you are just canning food…
                        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
                        X