LG 50PC56 keep burn Buffers Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50PC56 keep burn Buffers Boards

Ok, I have the buffers and ribbon, install them with all screws in and tight but nothing! Same thing...So what can be wrong? I fallowed your instructions but same result! Please help me, I'm stack now

Comment

The exact same image? but buffers not shorted this time? have you tested them before installing?

Comment

hi, thank you for reply! No I haven't because I did assume they are fine, I will test them tomorrow morning first thing, I read you message just now but for me is late, early morning tomorrow.But I will be very unlucky to have 3 different set of buffers all faulty, the seller guaranty me that were working, they come from smashed TV (he said) but never know...Anyway I'll test them and let you know! but honestly I think it has something alse wrong....ciao

Comment

When a plasma panel is shattered while running it shorts internally and sometimes kill the buffers, y-sus and/or z-sus, also if it is powered on while the screen is broken.

That said, always test the buffers before powering on the TV, in your case the Y-SUS or logic board may be bad.

There's this thread which the Y-SUS made an effect that is very similar to buffer failure, I had no idea and recommended a logic board swap to the user.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97716

Comment

thank you, could you please tell me how to invoke AUtO GEN test? I can't find information for my TV I can see a plug with the label out_gen but which pin i have to sort?
            Last edited by gatto; 05-17-2022, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gatto View Post
              thank you, could you please tell me how to do the howto invoke AUtO GEN test? I can't find information for my TV I can see a plug with the label out_gen but which pin i have to sort?
              pretty sure its pins 1 and 2 on these sets also think you have to dissconnect the cable between the main and control board maybe wait for another member to confirm its the rite procedure

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                pretty sure its pins 1 and 2 on these sets also think you have to dissconnect the cable between the main and control board maybe wait for another member to confirm its the rite procedure
                That's it, shorting the AUTO_GEN pads on the logic board with the LVDS cable disconnected, the TV will start on with a black screen the jump between colors and patterns each 2 seconds or so.

Comment

I have read the post, but I can't understand, is the pin 1 from left to right or right to left? Sorry for my ignorance I try to fix this TV but as you can see I'm not a TV repair but I like to learn
                  Last edited by gatto; 05-17-2022, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gatto View Post
                    I have read the post, but I can't understand, is the pin 1 from left to right or right to left? Sorry for my ignorance I try to fix this TV but as you can see I'm not a TV repair but I like to learn
                    can you upload a picture of the pin area so we can confirm i think pin one is marked with a triangle

Comment

Yes bro, it is from right to left, the triangle is on right side. I try that tho

Comment

I have done it, I got different pattern and color but with the same bad picture as before. I will take some picture

Comment

Here what I got
                          Attached Files

Comment

Is it he screen faulty?

Comment

Doesn't look like it, the horizontal lines are the cables not properly inserted or the buffer boards being damaged, the bad image is from the Y-SUS, something is damaged.
                              There's a single vertical line in one of the pictures, that could be not reversible, or just part of the pattern since it does not appear in the other photos.

Comment

Sorry for not reply for long time, I have family problem at the moment, I will resume soon, I hope you will still be available to help! Thank you very much for all your advice! I will be in touch ciao

Comment

Working...
                                X