Borderless TV screens (without bezel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borderless TV screens (without bezel)

Hi guys, I have a friend that needs help but does not have access to the internet. He has these borderless tvs whose lcd screen is glued into place. A lot like a cell phones. Now he got it loose and fixed the backlights but does not know what to glue it with. He used white silicon but it cam loose again. What is the procedure?

Regards
    Angelos

Re: Borderless TV screens (without bezel)

I know this won't help but..

What a god, this man had no internet acess and managed to remove a glued panel without destroying it.

In phones the procedure is either a very thin double sided tape then applying heat and pressure, or "B7000" glue with pressure, for this tv it should be the same.

Comment

Hi. I've just replaced the backlights on a 55" Hisense "bezel-less" television and used 3mm wide, double-sided 3M tape to bond the screen to the frame. Initially the panel remained attached to the housing and I was very pleased. However, when I checked a few hours later I was horrified to see the panel had detached itself and was leaning at 20 degrees. Before fitting the tape I ensured the housing and screen were clean and none of the original foam tape was present. I honestly thought that using 3M tape, a world leader in adhesives, would guarantee the panel remained in place. Can someone pleased tell me what else I need to do or send a link of a video showing me the correct process.

Comment

Which 3M tape did you use and where did you purchase it from ?

Comment

Hi Diff. Thanks for your question. I bought it on EBay and it has a 3M code of 9448A. I have uploaded a photo for your reference
          Thanks
          Darren
          Attached Files

Comment

You've used the wrong tape. That's not strong enough and coming from ebay is possibly fake.
            It's some 3M VHB tape you should be using,

Comment

Thanks again for the advice. Do you know where I can buy 3mm VHB ?

Comment

Originally posted by djmka View Post
                Thanks again for the advice. Do you know where I can buy 3mm VHB ?
                rs online

Comment

Thank you Vince. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Quick update - the tape that vinceroger69 suggested worked perfectly. Thanks again to all who those who respond to cries for help.

Comment

Hi all, Im also having trouble with some double sided tape and a bezel-less LCD. I ordered 3M VHB tape - although I did order it from ebay.... It was incredibly stretchy and didnt stick well at all. Is it likely that I just got fake crap quality tape? Is there any other comparable tapes I can look at? (Tesa, etc) as Im having trouble getting a small qty of 3M VHB tape from any reputable retailer here. My other option is try try and glue it with T-7000 glue; does anyone have positive experience doing this on a bezel-less screen?

Thanks

Baz

Comment

VHB stands for very high bond. If it wasn't sticking, it's fake.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                          VHB stands for very high bond. If it wasn't sticking, it's fake.
                          I have some genuine tape and always had problems with it until i started using adhesion promoter.
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

This is the tape i have used on the last two tapped in screens it seems too work well https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115518580...r=415540932129

Comment

Working...
                            X