Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black screen LG 43UK6300PLB

Hi Guys.

Probably something that have been seen before.

Out of the blue the screen turned black but can still hear the audio.

I can see the backlight on so that's something we can exclude.

Now, i have found a video on youtube of this guy taping x amount of pins on the cable that goes from the mainboard to the screen. Tried that, i can see the screen now but the bottom of it still remains black with a lot of vertical distortions.

I have been told that the Tcon board needs replacing. I can see that are different opinions on where tcon board is. Some say tcon board is attached to the screen (actually 2 boards, long and narrow) and some say the tcon board is integrated on the mainboard.

I'm too inexperienced to find where the fault is, i'd love to know if there is a simple fix/replace i can perform to avoid buying a new tele.

Thanks for you help

Livio
    Attached Files

Re: Black screen LG 43UK6300PLB

Something i have missed to mention, it does not matter if i disconnect one of the cable that goes to the screen, i am not able to see any of the two halves of the screen working correctly.

Comment

could be bad solder balls on the ic under the aliminium heat sink on the main board a lot of lgs suffer from it. If a replacement mainboard was available at a resonable price and came with a gaurantee i would certainly be trying a replacement board.

Comment

Thanks. I have ordered one for £10 including shipping. hope for the best.

Another question, what are those 2 boards attached to the screen?
        Attached Files

Comment

Those are the panel boards that distribute the voltages and data out to the panel. Sometimes they are also incorporate the t-con on the panel boards.
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I've been seeing more and more LG K series having panel problems, the most common fault is just a black screen, no image at all.

Like their F, H and J models, all have garbage panels that last 3 years.

Comment

I bet for a bad cap on the the panel's boards, often almost easy to find, but the fact you can obtain an image with tape method gives me a doubt, can you show us a photo of that bad picture?
              Last edited by Davi.p; 08-15-2022, 04:26 PM.

Comment

HI. Unfortunately i tried again to do the trick with the tape but does not work anymore.

I did not purchase anything yet and i'm tempted to put the tv in the skip.

I'd like to be certain is the mainboard and not the lcd screen.

Comment

maybe tear it down and inspect the cofs, lots of times you find one that's obviously burnt.

Comment

Any luck with this one yet? I have the exact same TV with the exact same fault..

Comment

Working...
                    X