Panasonic 58-TXAX802B Stuck on Panasonic Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic 58-TXAX802B Stuck on Panasonic Logo

Hi, jumping in on the end of this talk about the poor fast dying model the TX-**AX802.
    I have some good news!!!

I picked up a main board from a TX-**Dx902 flagship model off the bay for £40 (not bad compaired to £150)
    If one ever turned up on the bay, it would most definitely end up going bad. A Bit like a £150 ticking time bomb lol...

A little bit of modification to back cover with the metal snipped & removal of the 5 aux ports on top of the main board, also add putting correct pin to pin rewiring main to power, main to ir & buttons. This is not plug n play!!! Be warned!!! Also remove original HDMI/backlight control boards.
    Stitch up after rewire, zap with 2.6 jigga watts and Frankenstein is alive.

I know it's A bit ghetto but keeps recycling fun
    Attached Files

Comment

VERY nice work, it's very cool when someone solves a puzzle like that and everything works fine, as long as no protection was disabled, just did one not long ago, needed a snip here and there and presto. Nice save.

Comment

Thanks my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Ben198585 View Post
          Hi, jumping in on the end of this talk about the poor fast dying model the TX-**AX802.
          I have some good news!!!

I picked up a main board from a TX-**Dx902 flagship model off the bay for £40 (not bad compaired to £150)
          If one ever turned up on the bay, it would most definitely end up going bad. A Bit like a £150 ticking time bomb lol...

A little bit of modification to back cover with the metal snipped & removal of the 5 aux ports on top of the main board, also add putting correct pin to pin rewiring main to power, main to ir & buttons. This is not plug n play!!! Be warned!!! Also remove original HDMI/backlight control boards.

Sounds good, what is the exact description oft the bord you used? You thik it depends in the sitze oft the TV?
          Could u show the wiring that you changed?

Regards

Comment

The problem is only software for me. there's non need to replace any chip. The point is that it needs to succesfully have access to the system through the debug port and no other strange obstacles prensent , finally needed a good basic knowledge of linux systems. If out there some of you would risk to spend money for sending the board to me, i can try to do the work in the time intervals, i need to be payed for the work anyhow.. The main risk is that there can be a software protection when accessing system..
            Last edited by Davi.p; 01-11-2021, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Hi

Even if you manage to programme up the E M M C chip & get the set working , i suspect there may be issues with the HDMI hand shake , as i believe the chip is paired with the CPU .

Most TV manufacturers have now started to do this , & as of yet , i don't know of anyone that has found a workaround .

Comment

Zen i don't think the thing is made so, i guess : in factory it is written the firmware, after it is launched an application from within the tv that reads the CPU registers and initializes the right keys in the right files. The problem with the eprom copying is that it is like two cars turning with same ... sorry i don't know the name.. plate??

Comment

Thanks for the information Davi .

Haven't experimented with this model myself , but was told by another engineer about the pairing thing .

Comment

My 50axw804 is hanging in a boot loop. Sometimes its working (when it passes some point in the boot process) normal unto the next boot. It doesn't show any error code whithin the test mode.

@David: what would be your plan, which debug port you mean?

Comment

Jamjon i thought you had same model same problem and instead nothing, this is not the place for you, open.your own thread please

Comment

I have some good news!!!

Hi, this is such a great work!
                        I can't really understand how u wired the backlight between the new main board and the inverter board. Or is there no need for wiring. Could you please explain that to me.

Best Regards

Comment

I just downloaded both service manuals, then compaired both power boards and main boards to put correct pin 2 pin.
                          It does get very confusing lol... As long as you check your wiring 3 time over before you switch it on.
                          I wired the B/L on to the standby button, and when you turned tv off with remote it didn't turn off the B/L.
                          So that was the only thing that wasn't perfect!!
                          but just ment turning it off with the button on the side instead.

Comment

I just downloaded both service manuals, then compaired both power boards and main boards to put correct pin 2 pin.
                            It does get very confusing lol... As long as you check your wiring 3 time over before you switch it on.
                            I wired the B/L on to the standby button, and when you turned tv off with remote it didn't turn off the B/L.
                            So that was the only thing that wasn't perfect!!
                            but just ment turning it off with the button on the side instead.
                            Does anyone have a emmc file?
                            TX-50AX800E
                            TNPH1100

Comment

I know i'm reviving an old thread here but i'm wondering if the OP Ben198585 has any more info on what they did as i'm in the exact same boat now.

I have the exact same boards and i'm going to frankenstein them!

Physical mods i'm fine with.

I have both service manuals.

regarding pinout mods, you mention main board to power, buttons and ir.

Are the below the mods you made?

* - Main board (A-Board) >>> power board (P-Board)
                              * - Main board (A-Board) >>> IR receiver (K-Board)
                              * - Main board (A-Board) >>> Buttons (GK-Board)

Comment

After weeks of searching forums, I have now managed to rectify this problem (rebooting logo issue) myself thru the found bits and pieces and trial and error method.

1. Format an 8GB USB drive and download the latest 3130 firmware to it(. (You maybe able to use a bigger USB drive but this was the info I found on the web and what I tried).

2. Plug your USB drive into port 1 on the tv(TXAX802B) power on an let the 1st boot cycle begin.

3. On reboot, press the power button on the tv so it powers the tv off

4. Then hold down the vol – button on the TV whilst powering on from the TV power button

5. Keep holding the vol - , the screen will still boot with the Panasonic logo however at the end of the first cycle the tv power light should flash from green to red.

6. During some point of the red period I then released the vol – button.

7. On reboot the screen did not show Panasonic logo but just a black screen.

8. I repeated steps 3 to 7 several times (releasing the vol- at different points of the red light period) until one time the “USB detected” came up on the screen(bottom right), however this time the green power light started flashing on and off in intervals for about one minute.

9. I waited for the power light to stay stable on for about 30-45 seconds the when I switched off and on again the TV came on all as normal!!!

10. Once the TV came on, I went straight into the menu and noticed the firmware I had was not the latest(312?) to the one on my USB drive, so I unplugged the usb drive from port 1 and plugged it in again and updated to the latest firmware(3130) immediately.

My TV has been working fine for the last 2 days!

As I first said, it was all trial, error and some luck, I hope the above steps help someone!

Comment

Nice fix, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou G View Post
                                    After weeks of searching forums, I have now managed to rectify this problem (rebooting logo issue) myself thru the found bits and pieces and trial and error method.

1. Format an 8GB USB drive and download the latest 3130 firmware to it(. (You maybe able to use a bigger USB drive but this was the info I found on the web and what I tried).

2. Plug your USB drive into port 1 on the tv(TXAX802B) power on an let the 1st boot cycle begin.

3. On reboot, press the power button on the tv so it powers the tv off

4. Then hold down the vol – button on the TV whilst powering on from the TV power button

5. Keep holding the vol - , the screen will still boot with the Panasonic logo however at the end of the first cycle the tv power light should flash from green to red.

6. During some point of the red period I then released the vol – button.

7. On reboot the screen did not show Panasonic logo but just a black screen.

8. I repeated steps 3 to 7 several times (releasing the vol- at different points of the red light period) until one time the “USB detected” came up on the screen(bottom right), however this time the green power light started flashing on and off in intervals for about one minute.

9. I waited for the power light to stay stable on for about 30-45 seconds the when I switched off and on again the TV came on all as normal!!!

10. Once the TV came on, I went straight into the menu and noticed the firmware I had was not the latest(312?) to the one on my USB drive, so I unplugged the usb drive from port 1 and plugged it in again and updated to the latest firmware(3130) immediately.

My TV has been working fine for the last 2 days!

As I first said, it was all trial, error and some luck, I hope the above steps help someone!
                                    Salut
                                    Combien de fois pour que votre téléviseur detecte usb
                                    Hi
                                    How often for your tv to detect usb

Comment

Please dump for tx-50ax800e

Comment

Salut si quelqu'un a le flash du panasonic tx-50ax800e parce que on rien trouver après plusieurs recherche même si il est payant et merci infiniment

Comment

https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com...uk_cis_05.html

https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com.../P143_3130.zip

Comment

Working...
                                          X