X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting tv screen restoration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC1Mdv_rZXs&t=300s

Re: Interesting tv screen restoration

Thanks for sharing. It can be done. But looks like a lot of work. At that point I think I’m buying a new tv and using for parts.

Comment

I'm old enough to remember when things where actually worth doing repairs on. Even down to this level. Before we became a throwaway society.
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

i just laugh.. when camera moved to the ground showing the dirt and scrap then back to the old LCD..

Comment

Very well done in the video, almost perfect except for one edge.

The TVs where this layer is bubbling or peeling off are at least 13 years old, so they are worth nothing, or at least not worth the effort, it would be cool as a side project but I do not think technicians are profiting off of this.

Comment

Not so smart technique, screen must be eated to be able to remove better the old, and i mean really old and fragile plastic.. but in those countries the value that electronic devices has is not the same as in rich countries, so the job can be worth, it's not casual that the most interesting video repairs are made in very poor countries, people here don't care much about technology waste, but when the prime materials will become hard to find we will cry about that much consumism... Tvs are sold for so very cheap because people that built them are living and working like beasts, no humans but humanoids.. let's think on it.. seriously..

Comment

Working...
            X