Lg 60pa6500 black spots on tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 60pa6500 black spots on tv

Hello all I have a 60 kg plasma 60pa6500 the picture started getting black spots . What's the issue thanks?
    Attached Files

Re: Lg 60pa6500 black spots on tv

Z-SUS or one of the buffer boards, are there any black horizontal lines across the entire screen?

Comment

No lines as far as I can tell just blotchy and hazy black it worked fine last night and never had any issues with it before. I installed fans for the main board on the back case a few months ago powered by the usb plug

Comment

The mainboard is the last thing that needs fans for this model, Y-SUS needs top cooling priority.

This fault seems like some resistor opened at Y-SUS or Z-SUS, or a buffer board is failing, test those for shorts.

Comment

Thanks which board?
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry it's a pn6500
            Sorry for the long reply I was at work so my dad was watching the tv and the picture was normal then all of a sudden the picture went black and hazey in the picture attached to this post. I have the tv apart what should I try thanks
            Last edited by pansatdishman; 08-18-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Heres the discoloration
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok, the PN is very different from the PA, I have a 60PM model, which is a PA with a better mainboard, don't know about the PN, this looks like a sustain problem.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39829 this is a very old samsung with a similar problem, X-Main (Z-SUS for LG) failure, might be only cracked solder joints, take out your Z-SUS and Y-SUS and check them underneath.

Comment

I also noticed when it's in if I hook my android box up to it and use the cursor the cursor makes a temporary haze and imprint where it was , if this helps narrow it down?
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pansatdishman View Post
                    Heres the discoloration
                    I like plasma! If that was an LCD, that's classic LCD pressure-damage!
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Its plasma tv made in 2014

Comment

Originally posted by pansatdishman View Post
                        Its plasma tv made in 2014
                        A very-late one! I still wish I was able to snag a pristine one of those!

The closest we have, is one built in 2009, despite an excellent picture on ours, there's faint black spots, especially on the right of the screen, seen when it's all white on the screen. Is this a symptom of a hardware problem? I don't know right now. It honestly resembles dead LEDs on a recent LCD!
                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Here's the z sustain board , does it look like theres anything wrong thanks in advance
                          Attached Files

Comment

Z sus is faulty just replace

Comment

Is there a way to test and repair it, I'm assuming you had this issue as well? Thanks

Comment

Check resistance between the IGBTs, those 5 pin optocouplers, there can be no shorts between any of the pins of these 2 types of components. Low value resistors are also worth testing, they go open if a short occours in series with them.

Comment

Thanks. It doesnt look like theres any known cold solder joints, has anyone had this issue before?

Comment

If you don't have the means to repair it, might as well buy a replacement Z-Board, it all points to it, the rest of the screen is properly displayed, and these black spots are a sign of a bad Z-SUS, it is cheap in my country, but may not be at yours.

If it's expensive and you want to repair it youself you need to probe with a multimeter the components I pointed at #16.

Comment

Good morning, I've been looking for my other multimeter but moved and can only find this one, will this one work?
                                      Thanks
                                      Attached Files

Comment

yes, use the ohms scale.

Comment

Working...
                                        X