Dell Latitude E6540 bios nedded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Latitude E6540 bios nedded

Unfortunately, it does not work, it does not pass POST SEQUENCE, LED lights up and goes out.

Comment

Originally posted by konradx View Post
      Unfortunately, it does not work, it does not pass POST SEQUENCE, LED lights up and goes out.
      If you program back your Original Bios the device works or not?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Works fine

Comment

Works fine
          This is a New Bios, try it.

Service Tag: 847GR72.
          Attached Files
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
          >>>>>

Comment

I'll test better tomorrow, but now it's running 40 minutes without shutting down, thanks for your help. Can you tell me what you changed in my bios to fix this problem. Please inquire via PM. Regards

Comment

I'll test better tomorrow, but now it's running 40 minutes without shutting down, thanks for your help. Can you tell me what you changed in my bios to fix this problem. Please inquire via PM. Regards
              So the file in Post #24 works fine?
              >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                This is a New Bios, try it.

Service Tag: 847GR72.
                Exactly, I'll test it more later

Comment

Re: Dell Latitude E6540 LA-9411P

Originally posted by peste View Post
                  try...
                  Thanks

Comment

Do you have by any chance LA-9414P working BIOS for both chips? Black screen, fan is spinning and CPU is hot. No external or internal screen works, no error sound. Only error sequence on power LEDs when there is no RAM inserted.

Comment

Originally posted by Smexhy View Post
                      Do you have by any chance LA-9414P working BIOS for both chips? Black screen, fan is spinning and CPU is hot. No external or internal screen works, no error sound. Only error sequence on power LEDs when there is no RAM inserted.
                      Read the rules before posting:
                      RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                      Thanks to all supporters.​
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Dell e6540 vala1 - corupted bios ?

Good morning. I have a Dell e6540 vala1 la-9412P. The laptop turned on with a black screen. After resetting, the bios turns on for a few seconds and then turns off. Would any kind soul take a look at the bios/ec files? I tried various solutions from the forum but without any positive results
                        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Dell e6540 vala1 - corupted bios ?

Originally posted by pziembowski View Post
                          Good morning. I have a Dell e6540 vala1 la-9412P. The laptop turned on with a black screen. After resetting, the bios turns on for a few seconds and then turns off. Would any kind soul take a look at the bios/ec files? I tried various solutions from the forum but without any positive results
                          RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

You MUST:

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Sorry, fixing my last incomplete post.

Laptop model: Dell Latitude E6540 with i5-4310M, no dedicated GPU
                            Motherboard model: LA-9414P Rev1.0(A00)
                            Service tag: 9824S32

Dump of both 64 and 32 chips is in the attachment.

Problem is no video output, not in built in display nor in external through VGA / DP. Only black screen. Fan is working. Keyboard backlight is working.

On the sidenote, I tried reflashing some bioses that I found online for this specific board, but boot time is 25 seconds until Dell logo and 45 seconds until Dell logo if secure boot is enabled. For both uefi/legacy. Also sleep is not working and will restart computer instead. But laptop works fine overall, wont shutdown, tested for few hours, so it's at least usable. I even tried updating official BIOS update from Dell website through their .exe file, but it doesn't have any effect and laptop just restarts.

So I would be glad if the BIOS I had before is fixable, but I will make my peace if its not and use the one I found.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Smexhy; 10-03-2023, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Just to update on my issue, I no longer need help. I used and flashed BIOS from post #24 and although it was for another motherboard model, it worked flawlessly and everything is fixed, its fast, sleep works and its also newest BIOS version as a bonus. Big thanks hardware1!

Comment

Working...
                              X