Low capacitance meter suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low capacitance meter suggestion

I'm looking for a low capacitance meter specifically for measuring, film, ceramic, smd capacitors, etc.

What would he recommended as a good quality meter?
    What's a cheap meter that would be good enough to work?

Re: Low capacitance meter suggestion

check out the peak atlas range,there esr meter is great,if you want to measure in the pf/nf range,then there lcr meter is good for that(just for measuring the capacitance not the esr).
    fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
    please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Hm the lcr meter is a bit pricey, I just recently bought the peak atlas esr70 for 135$. Unfortunately it doesn't measure lower valued caps.

Comment

I got the peak lcr meter... really like it. Got it NOS off ebay for $80.
        Last edited by Evil Lurker; 08-07-2012, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Well, just lost my chance at a peak LCR 40 on ebay. Someone happened to have the same exact winning bid as me of 83$ (11$ shipping) but I placed mine in the last 5 seconds as the winning bid placed it a minute before mine. =/ Was hoping to get it for about 60$ but eh, oh well at least I didn't spend about 100$ for a used one =)

So still looking for a capacitance meter. Specifically one that is able to measure down to about 1 pF.

Looking around ebay I found this: anybody know anything about it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DM4070-2000u...item4ab27cf8e7

Comment

Originally posted by tieny View Post
            Well, just lost my chance at a peak LCR 40 on ebay. Someone happened to have the same exact winning bid as me of 83$ (11$ shipping) but I placed mine in the last 5 seconds as the winning bid placed it a minute before mine. =/ Was hoping to get it for about 60$ but eh, oh well at least I didn't spend about 100$ for a used one =)

So still looking for a capacitance meter. Specifically one that is able to measure down to about 1 pF.

Looking around ebay I found this: anybody know anything about it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DM4070-2000u...item4ab27cf8e7
            DM4070 - I bought one of those about 3 years ago, when I was taking some community college electronics courses. The most annoying thing is that it only measures up to 2000uF capacitance, I would look for a 20,000uF range if I was shopping for a another meter today. The resistance ranges seems seem spot on when measuring some precision resisters and brand new caps measure close to their rated values, so I have no complaints about it's performance. (but I'm far from an expert).

The feel of the meter is Ok, not horrible but not great either. The blatant Fluke copy-cat appearance tends to annoy me quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
            X