• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESR meter circuit

Hello

Here is an 555 ESR meter circuit I just got working:
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/hsahko/elek/kv/esr/
    Actually it is not a meter in itself but a converter for multimeter.
    It can measure ESR from 1 ohm to about 0.01 ohms or so.
    Attached Files

Re: ESR meter circuit

Nice!

Comment

I added analog panel meter to it, so it don't need multimeter anymore.

As you can see from the photo, it still needs some little finishing like a pcb or a case...
      Attached Files

Comment

I can't quite understand what IC1B does - it appears to be over-riding the feedback around IC1A..

Also, the user is expected to peel off the protective plastic film from the display on multimeters, or it becomes all bubbled and gooey....
        It is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Parker View Post
          I can't quite understand what IC1B does - it appears to be over-riding the feedback around IC1A..
          Oops, sorry. It is a drawing mistake, that is because I first build the meter and then afterwards drew the schematic...
          IC1B just buffers the potentiometer for zero adjust.

Also, the user is expected to peel off the protective plastic film from the display on multimeters, or it becomes all bubbled and gooey....
          No, no, you remove it when it has too much scratches on it and then... TADAA you have like a new display again
          But indeed it starts to be that time because of those bubles.
          On mobile phones those films are much better. They last two or three years before the films needs to be removed and never any bubling.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by frako View Post
            Oops, sorry. It is a drawing mistake, that is because I first build the meter and then afterwards drew the schematic...
            IC1B just buffers the potentiometer for zero adjust.
            Ah, now it looks right. Thanks.

No, no, you remove it when it has too much scratches on it and then... TADAA you have like a new display again
            But indeed it starts to be that time because of those bubles.
            On mobile phones those films are much better. They last two or three years before the films needs to be removed and never any bubling.
            This is very true. It should not be left there for many years because then it's very hard to remove the film and its glue.
            It is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly...

Comment

Finally got enought time to draw a PCB for the meter and to put it into a box.
              I used a TSH22 opamp but it needs a pulldown resistor to make IC1B go under 150 mV
              Attached Files

Comment

Finally got enought time to draw a PCB for the meter and to put it into a box.
                I used a TSH22 opamp but it needs a pulldown resistor to make IC1B go under 150 mV
                TSH22 need diferential power supply?

Comment

Working...
                X