Replacing Main Board on One Connect Samsung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Main Board on One Connect Samsung

Hi. I'm busy troubleshooting my Samsung Frame TV UN65LS003 on another thread, but I had a separate question I'm hoping someone here may have an answer for.

The service manual states that after replacing the main board you should "change the factory option. The options you must change are 'Type'." I've linked the service manual (page 57). It also states you should "change option bytes when replacing Main Board".

The only change I made was going to service menu -> Option -> Type -> 65A1AUOKM

That's all I did. I checked firmware was updated (it was). My intermittent issues continue as before. Is there something else I need to do to "change option bytes"?
    Attached Files

Re: Replacing Main Board on One Connect Samsung

The service manual refers to when you get a NEW board from Samsung for replacement, not a used board.

Comment

So for replacing with a used board you don’t really need to change anything?

I had swopped boards and wondered if not setting the option bytes was why the original issues persisted.. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95666
      Last edited by NizNoz; 05-16-2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        The service manual refers to when you get a NEW board from Samsung for replacement, not a used board.
        Could you maybe clarify something for me please? I notice on my service menu the "Option" parameter is set as "65A1AU0KM,...,...,NONE"
        The service manual lists the following information under "Factory Option" settings: BOM = 003, Local Set = US, Type = 65A1AU0KM (and a bunch of other default settings).

Is it safe to say I'm fine leaving these settings alone? It seems technicians hardly ever need to change these settings. Just need some reassurance I'm covering all my bases for troubleshooting. Thanks!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NizNoz; 05-21-2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

If you want to change those settings you will need the Factory Remote (pdf, page 56)
          Last edited by R_J; 05-21-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I've been using the generic, IR remote to access the service menu. I take it you mean some of the options mentioned are only accessible with the official, service remote, right?

I noticed the setting "Deadkill Lock" was ON. Any idea what that does? Everything else seems default (apart from what I changed).

Comment

I don't know what Deadkill Lock is, It might be used when the panel is setup or tested, it is under the DEBUG heading. The remote that comes with the tv has LIMITED OPERATION, to adjust some options you must have the SERVICE REMOTE AA81-00243A, or I believe there is also a apk file you can use on a smartphone to sub for the service remote. Be careful what you change or you might end up buying another main board.
              Last edited by R_J; 05-22-2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks, and noted. Have you by any chance ever heard of Serdes
                Errors? My error count page has 255!

Comment

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/t...g/TSG01109041/

This suggests your problem is the cable not any of your boards, unless you were changing the one connect for another reason.

Comment

Thanks.. I hadn't actually seen Samsung describing intermittent issues like this caused by the cable. I guess that leaves two possibilities. The box and the cable. Pity they're so expensive to source Having said that, I'm gonna take a careful look at the cable. Maybe there's something visibly wrong. That should help.
                    Last edited by NizNoz; 05-25-2021, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X