Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I've just lost all confidence in EVGA PSUs

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
    Regardless of the quality, though, it's still deceptive of EVGA to give the reviewers NCCs so that they get good reviews and give the customers anything less.
    Without any doubt that is...

Sadly they get away with it most of the time...

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
    -wrong. They are actually very quiet - almost inaudible - under normal loads.
    Well, depends on what you mean with 'normal loads'

My Original G-550 (one early charge) starts to get loud around 250W.
    The Antec TPC-550 around 300W...

Comment

'Crapxon Inside' too @ Jonnyguru:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory5&reid=442

Comment

Well, at least the design of the Aurum isn't as shitty as the older 'Epsilon' one...

You see why the caps are prone to fail in this plattform...

Still a downgrade from the original, without any noticable name change.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Payne View Post
          Without any doubt that is...

Sadly they get away with it most of the time...

Well, depends on what you mean with 'normal loads'

My Original G-550 (one early charge) starts to get loud around 250W.
          The Antec TPC-550 around 300W...
          What I mean by normal is the load it is likely to encounter most of the time in the average single-GPU PC (IE, less than 150W). I really couldn't care less if the fan revs up when the GPU is under load.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

For 150W computer you than buy SSP-350GT and not 550W unit.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

^
              I meant the idle wattage (ie, what it will see most of the time). Even with something like a GTX970 or 980 (which you would want a 500-550W for when under load), the idle wattage will still be less than 150W.
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Oh yeah but than under full load it will climb over 250 W and be noisy. There are 550W units which are reasonably quiet up to 400 watts or so.
                Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
                X