Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo G50-80 how to etract product key from BIOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo G50-80 how to etract product key from BIOS?

Hello.
    have this lenovo after BIOS flash works, but i need to etract Windows key from old BIOS

How to do it?

Re: Lenovo G50-80 how to etract product key from BIOS?

The win key and DMI are crypted in this bios. Search for LENV with a hex editor, copy the whole DMI area from the old bios to the new one.

29A000 - 29BFFFh .Length 2000
    Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
      Hello.
      have this lenovo after BIOS flash works, but i need to etract Windows key from old BIOS

How to do it?
      Send bios dump here i try to find..

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        The win key and DMI are crypted in this bios. Search for LENV with a hex editor, copy the whole DMI area from the old bios to the new one.

it is ok that i have 2x LENV in that range?

can be that key decrypted?
        Last edited by ktmmotocross; 03-12-2020, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Yes its ok, copy the whole area 29A000 - 29BFFF .Length 2000
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

guys, can be this done by software?

right now i assembly it and im not in mood to disassembly and assembly it again

Comment

guys, can be this done by software?

right now i assembly it and im not in mood to disassembly and assembly it again
              Windows key save inside bios dump.You send original bios dump some one find your Windows key..

Comment

Try..put the old bios in it and you have the key ..
                Attached Files
                Last edited by peste; 03-12-2020, 05:25 AM.
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                  Try..
                  i mean to read current bios and flash it by software. i dont have problem with injecting that data with some hex editor

Comment

i mean to read current bios and flash it by software. i dont have problem with injecting that data with some hex editor
                    If your flash descriptor is unlocked you can backup/flash the bios using Flash Programming Tool from the command line (run as admin)

Attached is version 10 as the G50-80 has ME firmware version 10.

fptw64 -D backup.rom

fptw64 -F (name of bios to flash)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-12-2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Peste meant that if you have a record of the original bios you can read the Windows key through the MEInject program.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Vesko356; 03-12-2020, 05:00 PM.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                      Thanks to all supporters.​
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                        Peste meant that if you have a record of the original bios you can read the Windows key through the MEInject program.
                        Only if its in plain text . Try opening a G50-80 bios with MEInject.
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-12-2020, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Only if its in plain text . Try opening a G50-80 bios with MEInject.
                          I know, I just explained what Peste meant.
                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                          Thanks to all supporters.​
                          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

No need whole Dmi area copy just search this and you will find windows key
                            search in hex bios (01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00) and find windows key.

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                              No need whole Dmi area copy just search this and you will find windows key
                              search in hex bios (01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00) and find windows key.
                              nope nothing like that found

Comment

You search this old bios dump and find.Above Post #1 you program bios dump?Or you update bios exe?

Comment

searched and nothing like that found in that area

program bios and after installation of os i update it

Comment

searched and nothing like that found in that area

program bios and after installation of os i update it
                                    Where is your old bios?Post here

Comment

why? dont want anybody use custommer key for free

Comment

why? dont want anybody use custommer key for free
                                        Better you use #Peste Inject me and find key in old bios and add new bios file.

Comment

Working...
                                        X