Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toshiba Satellite L50-B-2G7 doesnt save BIOS Settings / reverts always to default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite L50-B-2G7 doesnt save BIOS Settings / reverts always to default

Hey guys, im new here and i have a problem.

I bought the above mentioned Laptop without a Harddrive.

I put in a SSD and wanted to install Windows but i cant boot neither from
    USB-Stick nor from the build-in DVD-Drive.

So i went into the BIOS and changed the boot sequence. But then, after
    saving the settings (+reboot) i checked BIOS again and still had the old default settings loaded.

I also needed to have the CSM-Mode instead of UEFI for proper Installation, so i changed it , and guess what - after the "Save and Exit" the Notebook restarted and had UEFI again as default.

So in other words, it doesnt matter which settings i change, after save+exit i will always get the default settings.

The only thing which is saved correctly is the date + time. (which ist stored in the battery - which i found out already )

Then i checked for a CMOS Jumper on the Mainboard (DABLIDMB8E0 REV E) and couldnt find anything beside Password reset - which i dont need, since User/Supervisor Passwords wont be saved anyway on that machine.

After googling the problem i found out a Link, which could be the reason ( and describles the problem very well ):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1734147

So i'm kinda lost, what to do.

Any Ideas ?

Re: Toshiba Satellite L50-B-2G7 doesnt save BIOS Settings / reverts always to default

had you try update the bios?
    from your link given, it discussed about bios and i think they updated the bios by "the linux" way which i'm not good at

Comment

Re: Toshiba Satellite L50-B-2G7 doesnt save BIOS Settings / reverts always to default

Originally posted by kodox View Post
      had you try update the bios?
      from your link given, it discussed about bios and i think they updated the bios by "the linux" way which i'm not good at
      Apparently there is no way to use any Media to boot from.

Tried UEFI / CSM bootable Sticks. Win8 DVD , Pre-Installed SSD with Windows 10.

None of them are booting, the Screeen shows ( no bootable device please restart system )

Comment

Originally posted by notorius View Post
        Apparently there is no way to use any Media to boot from.

Tried UEFI / CSM bootable Sticks. Win8 DVD , Pre-Installed SSD with Windows 10.

None of them are booting, the Screeen shows ( no bootable device please restart system )
        to boot from media using UEFI, partition type of the media had to GPT and i'm sure what you have in hand is MBR, so the UEFI bios consider that no bootable drive found

Comment

to boot from media using UEFI, partition type of the media had to GPT and i'm sure what you have in hand is MBR, so the UEFI bios consider that no bootable drive found
          Even on a original Win8 DVD ?

Comment

Even on a original Win8 DVD ?
            Even Win 10 can be in mbr partition scheme type flash drive or DVD, so just create Win 10 GPT partition scheme for UEFI usb drive with rufus, and you are good to go.

>>>How To Create A Windows 10 UEFI Boot Media Using Rufus Tool<<<
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
              Even Win 10 can be in mbr partition scheme type flash drive or DVD, so just create Win 10 GPT partition scheme for UEFI usb drive with rufus, and you are good to go.

>>>How To Create A Windows 10 UEFI Boot Media Using Rufus Tool<<<
              Done that. Didnt worked. Win10 on Rufus with GPT/UEFI

I tried it with Quickboot (F12) and picked the USB-Stick directly -> no media found. restart the system.

Problem is not the media, but the BIOS itself. Its kinda broken.

Comment

tried another usb port?

Comment

tried another usb port?
                  sure, tried ofc all of em.

Comment

you should try the "hard way" to update the bios then...

Comment

you should try the "hard way" to update the bios then...
                      that means ?

Comment

dont u have older linux like ubuntu on it?
                        ubuntu 17.10 have bug that leaves BIOS in uefi locked state just like yours

u need to reflash bios

here u have just yours bug
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiFHhEqluCY
                        Last edited by ktmmotocross; 03-05-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

that means ?
                          remove the bios chip from mainboard and flash it using programmer

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                            thanks man. A good Link.

Comment

Working...
                            X