Sceptre U27 Backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sceptre U27 Backlight

Is it possible to replace individual LED diodes for the backlights? I cannot find the strips anywhere. I have 2 of them and both LEDs went out in the same area, then some LEDs in another area get so hot it causes the panel to go dark until i shut it off for about 20 mins.

I tested the voltage in my second unit that has few bad LEDs.
    26.4V at board to LED strip
    114 diodes in the strip
    Diode is 4.1mm (L) x 1.5mm (W)

The sticker on the back says model z27, the box says u27 and a third sticker shows u278w-4000r and then theres another sticker on the power/video board that shows u275w-4000r.

Thanks for any help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by m4a2t0t; 09-20-2021, 04:17 PM.

Re: Sceptre U27 Backlight

Yes you can replace individual LEDs, I don't see any 4115 but I do see 4014 on Aliexpress.
    You need to measure without it connected, it won't be 26v powering 100+ LEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by m4a2t0t View Post
      Is it possible to replace individual LED diodes for the backlights? I cannot find the strips anywhere. I have 2 of them and both LEDs went out in the same area, then some LEDs in another area get so hot it causes the panel to go dark until i shut it off for about 20 mins.

I tested the voltage in my second unit that has few bad LEDs.
      26.4V at board to LED strip
      114 diodes in the strip
      Diode is 4.1mm (L) x 1.5mm (W)

The sticker on the back says model z27, the box says u27 and a third sticker shows u278w-4000r and then theres another sticker on the power/video board that shows u275w-4000r.

Thanks for any help
      Hi @m4a2t0t , I know it's been a long time, but I have a very similar problem.
      I have two Sceptre U278W-4000R monitors. Recently the backlight of one started to fail. I opened it and saw that a few of the LEDs in the backlight strip were not lighting up.

My hope was to find a replacement online, however I have been unable to find any equivalent backlight LED strip, so now I am hoping to test the LEDs one by one and replace those that prove to not be working.

My question is, how did you end up fixing your problem? Did you find any equivalent LEDs? Even better, did you or do you know where I could find a new/refurbished LED strip? Looking around this might be the most similar I was able to find
      https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...gA55v1CA%3D%3D

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks!

Comment

You can change individual LEDs but if the replacement LEDs have different defusing lens on the LEDs you might notice it when you put the monitor back together

For best results I would highly recommend that you replace all of them
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 06-01-2022, 11:00 AM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply
        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

I tested each LED today and I think there are only 4 burned LEDs in the whole strip, idk, chaning all of them since a little overkill to be honest, hopefully the difference will not be too big, I use the monitors for working so tiny differences are not a huge deal.

Also, replacing all of them could lean to other problems due to more/less power consumption

I also wonder+ what those other components in the strip are. You can see one of them near the left side on the last picture uploaded by OP. I thought they were capacitors but I am not so sure, ferrites? Not even sure how they are connected electrically either, I don't really see terminals on them, they look like just a tiny peace of metal soldered on a track connected to the positive terminal...

Comment

Working...
          X