Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG Xboom PK5 demo mode..probably

Originally posted by Blasphemer View Post
    Hi, I have a couple of LG XBoom PN7 speakers, one of which was stuck in what I now know was demo mode, only works when plugged in, power button doesnt work, stuck at max volume and no BT. After scratching my head for a while I chanced upon the firmware file for the PK5 from here.
    I took the demo speaker apart and found the firmware chip, unfortunately it was only a 1Mb chip, so the PK5 firmware could not be flashed to it. I took the chip off of the board and put it in my CH341A programmer and read the hex from it. I really didn't want to, but I took apart my new fully working speaker, and took the chip from that board. However, upon reading that, it was completely empty with every value was FF. I didn't know whether I had fried the chip or somehow wiped it, and was calling myself a stupid whatever. Anyway, I put the chip back on the board and put it back into the speaker. It powered up perfectly!
    So now, with nothing to lose, I put the old chip into the programmer, read the data, saved it, then thought "what the hell" and clicked "Erase". It wiped all values to FF on the chip, I took the now "empty" chip and soldered it back onto the board, put it back together enough to test, and voila, a fully working speaker, works on bluetooth, connects together for dual play.
    So if you happen to see one advertised as having "Charging Issues" with the same symptoms as mine, you can easily repair it by merely wiping the chip.

Tldr. If you have a PN7 stuck in demo mode, take the chip off and erase all data from it.
    Hi I recently bought a pn7 stuck in demo mode. I took it apart but I dont which chip to erase, there are a few chips that look like flash. Can you point me to the chip you erased?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.TaTTa View Post
      Hi I recently bought a pn7 stuck in demo mode. I took it apart but I dont which chip to erase, there are a few chips that look like flash. Can you point me to the chip you erased?
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...1&postcount=34

Comment

Hi, does anyone have a firmware for PK3?

Comment

Anyone who has the pl5 file can share it with me?

Comment

Anyone have the Xboom RP4 file?

Comment

• SMDFlea
              SMDFlea commented
              Editing a comment
              Off topic.This thread is for the PK5 .Start your own thread and request it.
          Working...
          X