PS4 CUH-2115B Slim All Controllers Do Not Sync By Bluetooth or USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 CUH-2115B Slim All Controllers Do Not Sync By Bluetooth or USB

Hello. I have a PS4 Slim model number CUH-2115B that is having a problem with syncing any controller by USB and Bluetooth. Every controller I have tried will not sync, and I know that the controllers will sync fine to another PS4, so it's not a controller problem. I have tried 5 different USB cables and 3 different controllers and none of them sync to this PS4, but will on others.

The USB ports on the PS4 is delivering 5V power and does charge the controllers (I checked with an USB ammeter).

The controllers also do not work in Safe Mode. I understand that if they DID work in Safe Mode only then I might have a NOR Flash corruption, but that's not the case here. The controllers won't work in any mode.

Haven't encountered a problem quite like this before, so I am a bit unsure what to check. Was hoping you guys could help.

Thanks.

Re: PS4 CUH-2115B Slim All Controllers Do Not Sync By Bluetooth or USB

ah - that problem.
    do a search, it's been covered here.
    you have to dump a flashchip and replace a block of code that gets corrupted that is related to the bluetooth subsystem.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      ah - that problem.
      do a search, it's been covered here.
      you have to dump a flashchip and replace a block of code that gets corrupted that is related to the bluetooth subsystem.
      Hello. Thanks for the reply.

I was under the impression that firmware corruption is the problem ONLY if the controllers will sync JUST in Safe Mode, but do not work outside of Safe Mode.

My PS4's controllers won't work at all. Not in Safe Mode even.

According to the documentation of the BwE PS4 NOR WiFi/BT Patcher & Extractor:

Well if your controller does not sync anywhere but the safe mode menu then your module is corrupted. Note: If your controller does not sync in safe mode, this program is not for you! You have a southbridge/usb port issue
      So it seems to me that I do not have a firmware corruption problem, but rather, a southbridge/USB port problem?

The USB ports themselves are delivering 5V of power and they will charge the controllers. I used a USB ammeter to verify this, so the ports themselves are working. It's just that the PS4 cannot sync any controller I try (or in any mode I place the PS4 into).

From my experience and research, it seems that NOR Flash corruption only applies if my controllers worked in Safe Mode, which they do not.

I went ahead and took a firmware dump of the NOR Flash, but this is a CUH-2115B model and I cannot find clean/non-corrupt NOR Flash firmware to compare my dump to so I can see if it really is corrupted. All of the firmware files I have found are for older/original model PS4's.

Do you or anyone else know where I can find working/clean/non-corrupt firmware dumps for my model so I can compare my dump against it and see if it really is corrupt? Motherboard model is SAE-004
      Last edited by grimacelord; 08-09-2022, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Does the controller work with USB connected ? Detecting 5v is not a guarantee the ports are working.

Comment

does the console recognise a usb memory stick?
          and what do you get if you plug the controller into a pc?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
            Does the controller work with USB connected ? Detecting 5v is not a guarantee the ports are working.
            No. The controllers will not work whatsoever, regardless of the mode I put the PS4 into. I have tried several different USB cables, all of which work fine on another PS4 that I have, so I know it isn't a USB cable or controller problem.

Comment

does the console recognise a usb memory stick?
              I cannot tell. When I turn the console on, the first thing it wants you to do is to press the PS button to begin. I cannot do that since the controllers do not work, so I cannot tell if it detects a USB flash drive.

Similarly, when I boot in Safe Mode with a PS4 update file loaded on a USB drive, I cannot tell if it detects it or not because, again, it wants you to press the PS button first. I can't get past that.

and what do you get if you plug the controller into a pc?
              As stated, the controllers work fine on both a PC and other PS4 consoles. It's not a controller problem.

Comment

It looks more like a USB issue than a sync issue.
                Someone diagnosing the same issue on a slim.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcYad0S8R-A

Comment

Check the USB signal lines (D+, D-) with a multimeter for resistance to ground.
                  And with dumps, be very careful, not a correct entry or someone else's dump, turning it on without NOR Flash can lead PS to a brick.
                  Last edited by lotas; 08-09-2022, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                    It looks more like a USB issue than a sync issue.
                    Someone diagnosing the same issue on a slim.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcYad0S8R-A
                    Awesome! Thanks! This seems to be exactly what I am experiencing. I will do the same troubleshooting this guy does and if I have to, I will replace the Southbridge and I will post back with results.

Thanks again.

Comment

Just wanted to come back to confirm that replacing the southbridge chip did indeed fix the problem. I was going to buy one already reballed, but this particular version the chips are about $40 or so and I didn't feel like paying that much for the chip and it turn out to not be the problem, so I dug through all of my scrap donor boards and found the same board and pulled the southbridge off of it, reballed it myself, and reflowed it to the board I was trying to fix. Works great now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X