Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burn in on OLED screens, is it (partially) solvable

Originally posted by Diah View Post

so if you don't know how to use yours power supply as stand alone with this part. i would suggest you stop doing any further steps.
    I can figure it out by using the service manual of this set. I've done it in previous Loewe sets, so why not on these ;-)

But as previously mentionend, for doing those tests, I have to move the set to my workroom and need some more spare time. So for now I pause this project for a little while.
    Weather forecast become worse at the end of next week. Hobbytime then

Comment

Last week, I had again some spare time for hobbying.

Took the service manual of this Loewe and I found the way to have the Power supply constantly powered on.
      Tried again your suggested trick: mainboard disconnected, 24V connected, but 12V loose. T-Con doesn't anything. 12V connected, 24V loose: T-Con doesn't do anything.
      In this two cases, I measured the tension: 24V or 12V are constantly present. So, I don't think this feature is built in my T-Con.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeldbuisje View Post

Took the service manual of this Loewe and I found the way to have the Power supply constantly powered on.
        Tried again your suggested trick: mainboard disconnected, 24V connected, but 12V loose. T-Con doesn't anything. 12V connected, 24V loose: T-Con doesn't do anything.
        In this two cases, I measured the tension: 24V or 12V are constantly present. So, I don't think this feature is built in my T-Con.
        how about if the both 12 & 24 V connected ( MB out LVDS from T-CON out ) what you can see on the screen ??

Comment

Nothing... I waited for 5 min.

12 & 24V are present, both flexcables to MB are disconnected, 4 cables to panel are connected.

Comment

could you please upload over here the service manual you are talking about??!

Comment

This is that service manual of my set.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nothing... I waited for 5 min.

12 & 24V are present, both flexcables to MB are disconnected, 4 cables to panel are connected.
                thanks for the SM upload. this clear your test statement above. T-CON still have other 12V feed via LVDS (XP33) which operate the T-CON FW. which we want to run as stand alone.

i am not sure how its look your T-CON boards.. thought the photos you uploaded before give not much info if the XP33 12V pins direction TO or FROM MB , if they are from MB then...

the test you did it before of 12 & 24V was okay.. but need other 12V to replace the feed of xp33 to T-CON. so the same 12V of PSU to T-CON can be bridged and used of course.

Comment

Aha, I didn't know that. I will try it asap. Maybe not this week, because I have some busy days.

So, beside adding 12V on the CN6 on the T-Con, do I have to connect both 12 and 24V to the T-Con coming from the power supply or only 24V connected and the 12V plug from Power supply disconnected (as you earlier mentioned)?

Comment

you can try this 3 scenario one after other. let it run for at least 3 minute. then leave the set discharge at least 10 minute before running the next test. BTW always give attention on the screen to see what happen. prefer little dark room.

1- with out cells. : 24V disconnected 12V feed only from power boards to T-CON + bridge 12V to CN6

2- with cells,: 24V connected, 12V from power boards ONLY bridged to CN6

3-Stand alone,: 24V connected, 12V connected + bridged to CN6

at the end leave it discharge put every things in place and feed signal (most important) and turn on.. hope you will find different at yours screen.

Comment

Clear!

When I have some spare time again, I'll try this en let you know asap!

Comment

Need some advice first before I'll execute your last tip...

Something strange about the 12V coming from the mainboard. When I connect everything for normal tv operation, and switch this tv on, no 12V is measured on that XP33, where it should be in according to the SM.
                        I also hit both the compensation cycles in service menu, let them completely run, never ever 12V on that plug.
                        Is it safe to connect that 12V like you said in posting #29? When it's an error in my manual or something...

Comment

My Post #27
                          Originally posted by Diah View Post
                          i am not sure how its look your T-CON boards.. thought the photos you uploaded before give not much info if the XP33 12V pins direction TO or FROM MB , if they are from MB then...

Need some advice first before I'll execute your last tip...
                          good you had discovered this.. so please stop doing any test unless you take out the T-CON driver boards out side the set and remove the shield to post very clear focused photo of it. so we can follow the 12V described by XP33.

Comment

So, the T-con in high resolution.

The red circled area is that point of the connector what has to receive 12V according to service manual.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i think all 12v pins are out of the circuit.. you can test them with ohm against GND of boards

could you read the eeprom ic No ?

Comment

Indeed, those 12V pins are “open loop” to GND.

What do you mean with “read” eeprom? The part number, or read it out with software?

Comment

no, just want to know the chip IC the no. printed on it.

Comment

Normally it should be large enough to read it...
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by View Post
                                      Normally it should be large enough to read it...
                                      Bad answer...
                                      any way..
                                      the test (with out cells ) with every things connected as normal, only 24V from PSU to T-CON disconnected should work and the tv remain on (optic audio red led will lid on and remain on).

on other hand if you force it to JB at time playing .jpg white test picture 384x2160 pixel with Red 255, Green 255, blue 255 via USB media .could help too if the there are no burn at the thin film.. thought need doing this several time. or keep playing the picture for long period.

sorry that all what i know.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

This option is provided in the service-menu of this tv. Had it already in a loop for one week 24/7. Didn't improve anything.
                                        After this I started a JB, but also no improvements...

Damn, probably a burn at the thin film...

Comment

Working...
                                        X