Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSU for Compaq Proliant DL360 G1

Hi, I am new at this WONDERFULL forum.
    And I have question about PSU for DL360 G1 (PIII 1000MHz, ServerWorks).
    I bought only mobo, it looks that it have standard ATX PSU. Original has LiteOn PS-6191-1 PSU (which I can't get).
    Does it have standard ATX connector? Does mobo needs 24V line?
    I searched Internet (googled) and did not find nothing special.

Re: PSU for Compaq Proliant DL360 G1

post pic of the connector?
    is it really atx though? i am not optimistic.
    be careful with the branded rackmount boards, some of them like other stuff like proprietary fans to be present etc, otherwise no work.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Physically it is the same as ATX connector (I can insert there 24-pin connector from my CHIEFTEC 400W), but I am afraid to switch the power on.
      I found on this forum that user Maxxarcade have such PSU in Compaq DL360, post
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=212
      So maybe I ask you Maxxarcade for help?

Comment

ok good, he should pass by sometime soon
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I don't think an ATX will work- I know the cooling fan uses the 24V, and the pinout is likely different as well.

I bought a spare PSU for my DL360 G1 from ebay for about $15, but the original has yet to fail me.

The power supply you need is part number 173828-001, and there are lots of them on ebay at the moment.

Also be aware if you try to upgrade CPU's, there are two versions of the board. One is for Coppermine, the other is for Tualatin. They look identical but have different part numbers.

Did you get the RAID card with the board when you bought it? It's the card towards the front of the board that looks like an SODIMM ram.

Comment

Do cable colors in the ATX connector match? If they do not, don't power it up - get the original PSU fixed instead.

Comment

I think the problem is he only has the board and no other original parts, hence no original PSU. This would be a very difficult board to use without a case, so he really should just get the rest of the system, or at least the SCSI backplane and PSU.

Comment

Working...
              X