Dell optiplex 740 AMBERLIGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell optiplex 740 AMBERLIGHT

Just solved reballed the NB and work perfectly.

Re: Dell optiplex 740 AMBERLIGHT

and the problem was?
    specs?
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

this is a Optiplex 740 desktop , before it stops only with amberlight not turn on , dead.
      I tried everything replace cpu , ram , power supply ecc.
      then I did reballing northbridge (nvidia 6150) and the pc starts ok , work perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by gcomputers View Post
        this is a Optiplex 740 desktop , before it stops only with amberlight not turn on , dead.
        then I did reballing northbridge (nvidia 6150) and the pc starts ok , work perfectly
        so it was dead like NO POWER even the PSU was working.

ok this good. i did a few with ati but they did power and No display.(reflow only)
        Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Originally posted by gcomputers View Post
          Nice Fix.
          The Night Drop Down, I Will Keep Try Until..., You Never know.
          Dushi Kòrsou, Nos Tei.

Comment

I've had an OptiPlex 740 with a weird looking problem: after connecting power, power LED glows amber but with reduced brightness, otherwise dead - no reaction to power button. The cause was missing/low 3.3VSB. There's a AMS1084CD voltage regulator right above the ATX power connector - it was bad, producing only 1V instead of 3.3V. Replacing the regulator fixed the problem and it powered up.

But then it stuck in POST with progress bar around 1/3 and LEDs 2,4. Managed it to boot by removing all DIMMs except one and also removing CMOS battery. Upgrading BIOS from 2.1.8 to 2.2.7 fixed this problem.

Comment

Working...
            X