This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I am a novice, repairing tube radios and want step into a different field of electronic repairs.
    Thanks

Comment

been finding tons of fixes / references from doing searches for my repairs in go ogle results thatt pull in badcaps links so figured i should join the group...
      repair work from tvs, game systems, phones, computers... pretty much anything with power!
      thanks, lance

Comment

Hi to all you very interesting and clever people. I am a little "long in the tooth" but years ago I did some hobby electronic repairs. So I hope you won't mind me enjoying and benefitting from your great website created by your toil.

Comment

Evening,

My name is David. I live south eastern Florida. I'm currently in the demolition business, though have strong experience in sales, the automotive industry, & owning & managing many different types of businesses.

I enjoy figuring out new technical fields of interest & doing things myself if possible. I also know when its better to seek out &/or pay for professional expertise when either my time or level of commitment don't warrant doing it myself.

I've been browsing this site for the past year or so learning as much as possible about diagnosing & repair of plasma TVs. I have under my belt 1 repaired 42" plasma & am working on some others as we speak...

Comment

Hi all. Found you guys after my 2-year old plasma tv went kaput and the manufacturer was no help at all.

Good threads and now just have to track down a back ordered part from someone other than the manufacturer who wants to charge 8x what I'm seeing it on the open market.

Comment

Greetings fellow badcaps forum members.

I am new here. I used to love going to "The Shack" way back in '78 - when it was called Radio Shack. Now I live in the Detroit Area and work in the computer field. I joined to get some help with a flicker in my 5 year old 24" I-inc monitor. I'll be uploading the photos soon.

Glad to be here!

Comment

You can call me megatech I do laptop board

Comment

Regular user not a tv expert hello everyone.

Comment

Hi all, My name is Andy Servo, call me whatever you like.
                    Do as QSP is my job. just title
                    Homework and anything related to electronics.
                    Nice to meet ya..

Comment

Hi,
                      My name is Derek. I am studying engineering in NY. Even as an engineer, I have very little experience with electronics and wiring. I am very hands-on so I like doing my own work though.
                      Derek

Comment

Hello,
                        My name is Louis. I am a computer programmer and back end web developer. I enjoy fixing things and playing around with electronics. I join because I have question and like to learn. I hope I will learn enough to contribute to this excellent forum.

Comment

My name is James Graham I will be going by the screen name SparkieJim. I will enjoy being here. I have been in electronics since 1973 fresh out of high school. Thank you all!

Comment

Hi new guy here I'm not really in the electronic field just your average fix it guy trying my hand at fixing a plasma tv that a guy threw out hoping I can get some pointers from some experts thanks for all the good info I;m going to dig around

Reno

Comment

Hi all,

On the web I usually go by the name WubboZ. I'm kind of a sleeper on a lot of the forums I used to visit very often (most of them AV/home cinema or car related), but I find myself very often on badcaps.net. It hasn't been very effective in fixing things, but I've learned a lot already.
                              I'm studying electrical engineering but that's way to theoretical to be of any use in fixing stuff. I do like to think that I can fix stuff so I have a large collection of fixable electronics (in order of coolness):
                              Very rare 1080p capable Mitsubishi VS-1280 CRT projector with mint tubes
                              MacBook Pro i5-2something
                              LG 42" LCD with bond tab issues :')
                              iPhone 4 with a lot of defects (not even turning on anymore)

Things I did successfully fix are my current MacBook Air, my iPad, some older (P4) motherboards, several LCD screen PSUs etc etc. But usually just the smaller fixes.

Comment

Hello My name is Bill and I'm a retired electonic system Tech. I used info from your site to repair my Sony KLV 40 TV
                                The F1 fuse in the T Con board was blown. The pictures available from the site and expert advice helped greatly.

Many thanks

Comment

Hello! I am really glad I found this site. I have been doing recaps on stereo equipment for years. Now I have a power supply that needs some new caps that seem to be impossible to find.

Comment

Hello!

I specialize in video game console and television repairs.

Comment

Hi guys,

I found this forum while searching for a solution for my LG monitor troubles. It's been quite a while since I've done any repairs, but I thought this might be a good time to start again.

A bit about me: I work as a self employed digital marketing consultant in the Netherlands and UK and have been building, fixing and working on computers from before the C64-era.

Think I'm gonna enjoy this forum :-)

Mario

Comment

hello my name is steve and i joined to try and trouble shoot a lcd tv i picked up on craigslist because my dlp tv went out resently

Comment

Hello, I am Mahalingappa Ambi from India, basically I am electronics diploma engineer working in CNC Maintenance area and I stumbled on this forum through Google when searching for a repair help for my computer power supply.

Comment

Working...
                                          X