PS4 Unable to access system storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 Unable to access system storage

I don't know if anyone can help with this problem but i've got a PS4 here which had a damaged HDMI port. I've replaced the HDMI port and i'm getting picture now no problem but it keeps giving me an error about being unable to access system storage. I've checked the hard drive port which all seems fine - i've even gone as far as fluxing up and reflowing the hard drive controller and the hard drive port. I then tried a brand new hard drive and attempted to reinstall the software but it wouldn't even take me to the reload software screen and just goes straight to the unable to access system storage error screen when I tried to load into safe mode.

Re: PS4 Unable to access system storage

as an update to this - I found the problem eventually - there was a missing 0Ohm resistor near the SPI chip for the SATA controller. Once replaced it's now working normally!

Comment

Re: PS4 Unable to access system storage

Good to hear that. Did you take any photos of the problematic area? Maybe this will help someone else that knocks some components off during rework.
      -Thomas
      I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Working...
      X