XBOX One no power, random.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBOX One no power, random.

XBOX One original, not XBOX One S. Has problems turning on.

Power supply is good. Touch panel is good. Both work in another xbox.

HDMI and USB ports are fine.

The last time this XBOX turned on, it had an ERROR 102 so I know it can turn on, and I know it may have a hard drive issue. But the power issue is driving me nuts.

When power supply is plugged into xbox, there is no response from the XBOX. Cannot power on, or eject. No lights. no sounds, not even a fan twitch. Power supply LED remains orange.

Voltages are measured all over the board: 5V, 3.3V, 2.5V, 1.8V, 1.1V. 12V never comes up. I measure 0.29V all over the place. Not sure what this means. Maybe something not fully turning on.

There are solder connections near left front of motherboard labeled POWER and EJECT. 3.3V is measured at both. Jumpering the POWER or EJECT pins (to simultate a button press) has no effect. Normally, probing these two sets of points would turn on an XBOX without a front panel connected.

I cannot get XBOX to show any life, or turn on.

======================
    FURTHER INFO
    ======================

I bought this XBOX in non-working condition. Prior to the power problem, the XBOX would hang on green loading screen with "XBOX One" logo for an hour or more - Never loading.

I attempted to force an OFFLINE update by holding the BIND and EJECT buttons, followed by the POWER button (as suggested by Microsoft support website) and that's when the system went completely dead. In fact, the power went completely dead while holding all 3 touch-sensitive "buttons".

I've tried leaving the system plugged into power for hours at a time, and also leaving it unplugged hours at a time. I've tried unplugging and replugging the power supply countless times. 49 times out of 50, it will be completely dead. 1 out of 50, it will turn on and start like there is no issue. One time it loaded, I tried to re-initialize the console and it gave me an ERROR 102 so I knew I needed to try OFFLINE update.

During a reboot, in order to force the troubleshooter to open so I could load an update from the USB, I again pressed the BIND/EJECT/POWER sequence, and the system SHUT OFF. No Response since then. Why would pressing these 3 buttons cause such a problem?

I know immediately if the xbox will turn on or not when I plug in the power supply. Most times, it is completely dead with not even a fan twitch. But randomly when it wants to cooperate, I will see the fan blades move a fraction of an inch, and the USB wired controller will vibrate for a brief instant showing some sign of life. If this happens, I know it will turn on. But it's rare.

Has anyone ever seen this problem before?
    Last edited by Unspun01; 03-24-2020, 01:21 PM.
Working...
X