Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VW224T ASUS Capacitor values replacements

Greetings all,

I got this LCD that was on the way to the dump from my company IT.
    The problem was a blinking led and the screen that was trying to light up lcd lamps , cycling endlessly.
    I struggled a bit disassembling it, because is better assembled than other brands in my opinion.
    I found on the secondary of the power board (driving the lamp inverter I think) a 1000uF 25V swollen and I tested the other 5 or 6 of same or other values desoldering them (all more or less ok).

I had only a 1000uF 16V so I used 2 salvaged 470uF 35V in parallel.
    Everything works but ... could this replacement be definitive or is better to go for a exact value?

Best Regards
    Last edited by kalauzz; 11-12-2020, 04:29 AM.

Re: VW224T ASUS Capacitor values replacements

I reply to myself, I salvaged a 1000uF 50V from an old led driver and I swapped the cap.
    Only bigger capacitor beacuse is for higher voltage but should be ok, isnt it?

Best Regards

Comment

probably o.k. - if it's a low-esr type

Comment

After the capacitor swap all was ok , but the next day a (damn) vertical green line appeared on the left side of the screen.
        I ve yet tryed in the order:
        • Check and clean every connections an flat from tcon to panel
        • Checked continuity on flat cable
        • Tryed to press the contacts on the screen, on back and front , no effect
        • Tryed to light the screen without flat cable inserted and the screen is perfectly white without the (damn)green line

I begin thinking the crap capacitor I salvaged could be the problem but can this be possible?
        What can I check further for make this line disappear?

Best Regards
        Attached Files
        Last edited by kalauzz; 11-14-2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

The green vertical line is failed tab bond between TFT matrix and T-con board or TFT and flex IC. You can try pressing on the tab bonds on the t-con where the green vertical line is... but if it doesn't disappear, then there really isn't much you can do about that.

Issues like this with vertical lines have nothing to do with bad caps, BTW.

Comment

Thank you for answer,
            Yes , I m sure you re right, the problem is probably a T-con lcd issue because I tried swapping the flat cable and eventually another main board (from an AOC !!) and the line lasts.
            The only news is that the line changed color from green to white now, maybe all RGB crystals of the line are lit now and the result is a white color?
            Thanks anyway.

Bye

Comment

Working...
            X