Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DELL 2007FPB - black screen - power diode is green - backlight is purple/amber :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELL 2007FPB - black screen - power diode is green - backlight is purple/amber :)

Hello everyone, i got, a problem with my LCD, suddenly the screen goes black one day and i'ts stay way . The backlight from specific angle is purple/amber ( hard to figure out which colour it is ), the power on diode is green, and everything seems ( i say seems ) to be ok. I just replaced all capacitors to new ones, measure the resistance of the tranformers, and they are like the new ones.

One thing is strange but in electronic nothing is strange , that from lcd logic board ( the PCB attached to the LCD ), i hear strange noise from L1 ( 470 ) part, like it has some kind of short curcuit/transformer damaged noise. http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/7538632000_1346320971.jpg

I had also measure voltage of that logic board, and measurements are extremely strange, and i do not know what causes that kind of abnormal readings :

With power off, with power cable attached :

VGH - 3,3V
    VGL - 0V
    VGM - ?
    VLCD - 0
    VCC - 0
    VIN - 1,8 and it falls

With power on with power cable attached :

VGH - 0,13V
    VGL - 4,1V
    VGM - ?
    VLCD - 4,99V
    VCC - 8,34V
    VIN - 18,37V

If anyone got some kind of tip to direct me what do i have to chedck and what o have to replace to be able to work in frony of my LCD, i will be appreciated.

Best regards

Thomas

The other photos of inside of that LCD :

http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/6251092200_1346320973.jpg
    http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/3115375600_1346359505.jpg
    http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/1209913500_1346359507.jpg
    http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/3416521700_1346359509.jpg
    http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/3513090000_1346359511.jpg
    http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/5415896500_1346359513.jpg
    http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/2920540900_1346359515.jpg
    http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/2419529000_1346359517.jpg

Re: DELL 2007FPB - black screen - power diode is green - backlight is purple/amber

1) Follow my instructions below exactly on how we want pictures posted.

2) See

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20531
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: DELL 2007FPB - black screen - power diode is green - backlight is purple/amber

Hello, again here are the better quality photos :

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by madfreak View Post
        Hello everyone, i got, a problem with my LCD, suddenly the screen goes black one day and i'ts stay way
        If you plug in a computer displaying your favourite wallpaper, does the image come on briefly and then disappear?
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
          If you plug in a computer displaying your favourite wallpaper, does the image come on briefly and then disappear?

Hi the backlight from specific angle is purple/amber. But to be less specific it's black, all the time, and it do not show the osd menu and etc.

Comment

it's black, all the time
            Okay, if the backlight does not come on at all and the power LED is green, then the problem is likely in the inverter section. I circled 6 mosfets which I believe are SP8M3.

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.net/datashe...OHM/SP8M3.html

If correct, test to see if the 6 mosfets are shorted or not following the procedures in my guide (section mosfets)

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...4&postcount=19

Note to tom66 and selldoor. If you are wondering, how the heck could I read that given the OP's photo, I have the exact same monitor in my "to do" pile and am reading my inverter board with a 10x loupe.
            Attached Files
            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hello, in first i want to thank You for trying to help .

I am just after measurments of those mosfets, and they do not have shorten pins.

But what i had notice, after Your tip i measure other parts, and. in picture that i attached i point 2 eeproms.

The 1 eeprom have a shorted pins 1/2, 1/3, and 2/3, i compare those measurments to the 2nd eeprom that i circled which is i think good.

Tell me if it is possible that this eeprom chip is really damaged ? And what i have to do to replace it, and because it's an eeprom memory so i have to after replacing it flash it i think but i can be wrong.

Cheers

Thomas
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello, in first i want to thank You for trying to help .

I am just after measurments of those mosfets, and they do not have shorten pins.

But what i had notice, after Your tip i measure other parts, and. in picture that i attached i point 2 eeproms.

The 1 eeprom have a shorted pins 1/2, 1/3, and 2/3, i compare those measurments to the 2nd eeprom that i circled which is i think good.

Tell me if it is possible that this eeprom chip is really damaged ? And what i have to do to replace it, and because it's an eeprom memory so i have to after replacing it flash it i think but i can be wrong.

1st one : ST 24C02RP ( in bottom line K823G )
                2nd one : 25x40VN1G ( in bottom line 0821 )

Cheers

Thomas
                Attached Files
                Last edited by madfreak; 09-06-2012, 04:45 AM.

Comment

1st one : ST 24C02RP ( in bottom line K823G )
                  2nd one : 25x40VN1G ( in bottom line 0821 )
                  1) When comparing two totally different part numbers, you cannot assume they have the same pinouts.

2) If you look at the datasheets, you will notice that.

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.net/datashe...25X40VDAC.html

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.net/datashe...4C02RB1TR.html

3) For ST 24C02RP, pins 1, 2 and 3 are the chip enable inputs. If you look at figure 1 on the datasheet, it looks like they are supposed to be shorted together.

4) Now it is possible that the eeprom is corrupted which is causing your problem, but I have no way of testing that. The one possibilty might be to dump the eeprom and compare it with a known good eeprom, but that is beyond my skills and patience level.
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

1) On the inverter board, the pwm chip is OZ946GN (at least on mine).

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...2/OZ964GN.html

2) Refer to the datasheet for pinouts.

3) Pin 6 is GND.

4) What are the DC voltages for the other 19 pins using pin 6 as GND (or a ground screw)? List them all like so

pin 1 = 1.234
                    pin 2 = 0.003
                    etc

5) You will need steady hands on such a closely packed IC because you don't want to short out the component.
                    Last edited by retiredcaps; 09-06-2012, 05:46 PM.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I am curious, what do you see on the back and on the front of the panel when look at it in a dark room?
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Ok . After 1,5 h of tries to solder thin wire to 6 PIN, i finally did it . (safety first ).

Here are my measurments :

PIN 1 - that is strange pin i got different readings, first when i push power on button and connect to that pin multimeter it shows 1.8V and it drops slowly to 1.6V, then after some time ( for ex. 1 minute ), it shows 2.5V and it show it all the time

PIN 2 - 0.63V-065V

PIN 3 - 2.56V

PIN 4 - 4.86V

PIN 5 - 5.16V

PIN 7 - 3.23V

PIN 8 - 0.56V

PIN 9 - 1.2V

PIN 10 - 1.45V

PIN 11 - 2V

PIN 12 - 2.63V

PIN 13 - 1.5V

PIN 14 - 1.39V

PIN 15 - 1.15V

PIN 16 - 0V

PIN 17 - 0V

PIN 18 - 0V

PIN 19 - 2.61V

PIN 20 - 2.02V

If that chip is damaged i will be so happy, because it's cheap as hell , but i think that it will not be so easy .

Cheers

Thomas
                        Last edited by madfreak; 09-06-2012, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I am curious, what do you see on the back and on the front of the panel when look at it in a dark room?
                          I see that the backlight is on because light is coming from back of the lcd, but screen is violet/amber/purple its some kind of combination of those colours ( it's one color but it's hard to figure out which tone )

Comment

PIN 3 - 2.56V
                            From a quick cursory glance, the pwm chip is working correctly given the voltage readings above. Pin 3 is enable and the pwm chip is "ON" when the voltage is greater than 2V.
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Maybe it is important, but after playing of source button, i change the source from 1-4, and...

on source 1 and 2 the lcd acts the same way purple-ish screen, but when i change it to 3 or 4 its shutting down the backlight and the screen is completely black ( just like the famous "2 sec to black" ).

Comment

U8 is a voltage regulator on the t-con or panel board.

Test it and report your results and the part number of it.
                                Last edited by retiredcaps; 09-06-2012, 11:44 PM.
                                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I got such a bad eye sight , from those whole years in front of computer. U8 is on back of that board with DVI, VGA etc ports ?

It is 8 PIN. - ATMLH810

Comment

See attached picture.
                                    Attached Files
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Part number RT9164A in bottom line 18GLAHU04

From top to bottom as it is on that picture.

PIN 1 - 0.83V - 0.84V

PIN 2 - 0.67V - 0.68V

PIN 3 - 0V

Last edited by madfreak; 09-07-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

It seems like it is the problem, am i thinking correct ?

It should show me 1.8V not those small measures ?
                                        Last edited by madfreak; 09-07-2012, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X