Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting & Designing Networks
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2020, 06:52 PM   #21
ChaosLegionnaire
HC Overclocker

City & State: Singapore
My Country: Singapore
Line Voltage: 240VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist Tech
Default Re: Need LAN connection over several hundred meters - how to do this?

just adding in my 2 cents. the schematic of your idea in the first post is almost exactly like how we implement the trace together system for malls, buildings, places etc. in singapore so the infected and their contacts can be quickly found and isolated to reduce spread. so the idea is definitely sound and it works in reducing the spread of covid-19.

the proof is in singapore's flat and non-existant curve. we are an island of 5.5 million people and we currently have 5 straight days of zero community cases and then followed by one day of 1-2 cases, then the pattern repeats over and over again. so well done in doing your part to help flatten the curve in your home!

and yes singapore too is a covid fortress where no one can come in without first testing negative. thats why singapore is cracking down hard on illegal immigration lest illegals bring covid in here. vietnam was doing so well in containing covid-19 but an infected illegal immigrant from china ended up causing the danang outbreak and ended vietnam's clean sheet of zero covid deaths. ah well... when u snooze against covid, u lose... lol!

i should get out more and stop working from home like chicken little... i may go out and see if i can figure out a proper detailed schematic of how singapore does the trace together system in buildings to compare and see if improvements in implementation can be done but no promises! if u dont hear back from me, it means im not quite done figuring it out yet. im not going to post in this thread anymore until i have something better to post. lol!
ChaosLegionnaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #22
CapLeaker
Leaking Member

City & State: Atlantic Canada
My Country: Canada
Line Voltage: Ground, 0Hz

All my network / internet stuff that is spanning anywhere from 300m to a few kilometers is done with wifi bridges. Look at Ubiquiti etc. I have some links going now for more than 10 years. All it ever happened was that the POE power supplies went bad. Or fiberoptic.
CapLeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:20 PM   #23
petehall347
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: worcester
My Country: United Kingdom
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker

there are wifi routers that connect together easily .my one will do it . never tried that though i just use it for my internet connection .
petehall347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:03 AM   #24
stj
Great Sage 齊天大聖

City & State: Europe
My Country: some shithole run by Israeli agents
I'm a: Professional Tech

using wifi outdoors in some european country's is very illegal - check your laws.
stj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #25
dicky96
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Sunny Gran Canaria
My Country: Spain
Line Voltage: 220V 50Hz

We have that Ubiquity system here - it is how a lot of folks get their internet - from base stations around the hills/mountains

Strangely enough, the local guy I needed to hep me with this is currently ill with flu - not covid - which is why I posted here as the quotation for solution is now urgent and this is not my area of expertise

Thanks to all for advice - I do understand this topic is contraversial for some but in the case of our island communities it is essential we find a way to reopen our economies
dicky96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:44 PM   #26
CapLeaker
Leaking Member

City & State: Atlantic Canada
My Country: Canada
Line Voltage: Ground, 0Hz

If I would be in your shoes, I'd just slap a ubiquity system there and be done with it.
CapLeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:38 AM   #27
dicky96
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Sunny Gran Canaria
My Country: Spain
Line Voltage: 220V 50Hz

Yeah I found someone local who installs the Ubuiquity and he is qiving me a quote today
dicky96 is offline   Reply With Quote