Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me identify shorted component on a 1151 motherboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone help me identify shorted component on a 1151 motherboard?

Hello,

I've gotten myself recently a brand PC "Fujitsu Esprimo P756/E90+", unfortunately it doesn't respond to power button at all, I'm very new to electronics, any help would be much appreciated!

I removed motherboard from the case and plugged the psu in, with the power cable plugged in psu, I checked around the board to see if anything is getting hot and found that the component ( attached pictures of it,can't identifty it myself) gets incredibly hot to touch instantly, you can't hold your finger over it for more than a second else you'll get burned.

I assume that replacing the shorted component would most likely fix the problem, I tried googling 2f=3h n41(if I read that correctly off the component) but no use, couldn't find anything relevant.

(I did my best to take picture with some clarity at least, definitely need to invest in microscope or something similar)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LowVoltage; 11-12-2020, 03:53 PM.

Re: Can anyone help me identify shorted component on a 1151 motherboard?

"2F=" → Richtek RT8230AGQW
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thanks a lot, piernov!

I've found one on Aliexpress, RT8230AGQW with label "2f=4f p2f", that one is okay replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by LowVoltage View Post
        Thanks a lot, piernov!

I've found one on Aliexpress, RT8230AGQW with label "2f=4f p2f", that one is okay replacement?
        I've never bought components from Aliexpress (or ebay), but it's my understanding it's not recommended due to possible fakes? Have you looked at other election online stores just in case ?

Comment

Attached is the datasheet for this component.

Page 2 has the details for the top side markings.

Plenty of stock of the real part from Digikey.

Not all suppliers on AliExpress / Alibaba / China are evil. Rather have had excellent results in component sourcing of 100% new and original parts that are not available in North America. Without their help, would have had a defunct $4k usd zeroplus logic analyzer and some expensive farm equipment from a local farm in the garbage heap. Like anything else, do your homework and raise your confidence that the supplier is for real.

On the other side, we know for a fact that google lists a scammer from Hong Kong who claims to stock any electronic part you can dream of and at discounted prices. The company has no stock and will steal your money. Nothing will be shipped. We complained to the HK police but their position was that "but sir, you did not get scammed so no case". Search for the vendor you wish to deal with and with keyword "scam" to see if there is a history. If the vendor claims to be in business for xx years then there must be some history on the internet. If not, that is a red flag!!

If we can help, post here and will share suppliers we have used with success.

For the few parts like this one, stick with Digikey.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Widget View Post
            I've never bought components from Aliexpress (or ebay), but it's my understanding it's not recommended due to possible fakes?
            When it comes to controllers and ICs, I think the chances of getting counterfeits that underperform and burn out is a lot less likely that with transistors. Really, I find that only the high-power handling components, such as diode rectifiers, MOSFETs, and BJTs is where you want to avoid cheap storefronts on Ali/eBay/Amazon/etc. In particular, the audio transistors and those STK amp modules found in vintage amplifiers are some of the most counterfeited parts (and usually always fail in short order or never meet full specs under load.) MOSFETs can be hit or miss, depending on what you are looking for. If it's just a standard part that's widely available, chances are you may find sellers getting rid of production line leftovers... or in the worse case, recycled parts from good equipment. But neither of those are bad options. Now, when it comes to high-power, high-voltage MOSFETs... those may be counterfeited more often.

So I have to agree with mon2... just do a bit of research on what you're trying to buy and what's available from where, so you can have less chances of getting a counterfeit part (or note at all!)
            Last edited by momaka; 11-14-2020, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the replies!

They have been really helpful, cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X