Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yamaha Electric Piano CLP550 no keyboard output

Hello,

would you be willing to sell me some coded ROMs please for a faulty CLP550 I have here in New Zealand?

thank you
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by aotearoa View Post
      Hello,

would you be willing to sell me some coded ROMs please for a faulty CLP550 I have here in New Zealand?

thank you
      Chris
      You don`t have to buy anything ,the ROM`s are free, see post #1 .
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi all, this has been a great combined and commited effort to sort these units out. I, too have been asked to repair one and so far it appears to be steering towards the same issue. My question is, can anyone please steer me to a reliable supplier of the correct eeprom burner and hopefully an economical one. So far ebay isn't much help. This will be a one-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Haydos View Post
          Hi all, this has been a great combined and commited effort to sort these units out. I, too have been asked to repair one and so far it appears to be steering towards the same issue. My question is, can anyone please steer me to a reliable supplier of the correct eeprom burner and hopefully an economical one. So far ebay isn't much help. This will be a one-off.
          Hi Haydos, If you reach out to some of the guys who are part of this thread they can probably burn the EEPROMs for you. That was what I was going to do if I still had the piano in my possession.

For your interest, I told the keyboard tech at Yamaha Melbourne that we'd recovered the code and it was now floating around on the internet. He's a good bloke, but he didn't seem at all concerned about their intellectual property leaking out.

Comment

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32992209964.html
            if you cant get roms done for free.

Comment

Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I don't know who to really ask but I'd happily pay for the supply of the programmed roms.
              Failing that I guess I'll look into a good source of the chips and that programmer kit.
              I've tinkered with electronics all my life but I can't see me having a use for it after doing this favour for the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Haydos View Post
                Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I don't know who to really ask but I'd happily pay for the supply of the programmed roms.
                Failing that I guess I'll look into a good source of the chips and that programmer kit.
                I've tinkered with electronics all my life but I can't see me having a use for it after doing this favour for the owner.
                Send a Private Message to PMD who you will find on this thread. He's in Sri Lanka. He and I were discussing getting him to burn me some ROMs for this piano.

Comment

OK, well I took the plunge and ordered a programmer which has arrived. Just waiting for the chips from overseas to turn up and we'll see how we go.

Comment

Working...
                  X