Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sapphire Nitro RX 470 issue with bios / black screen / blue screen

Hello,

I've gotten myself a supposedly "Sapphire Nitro OC+ RX 470 8GB" in "untested" condition.

When I came home and plugged monitor cable directly in it, my computer wouldn't post with it / no display.

I then pulled the card out, set bios settings so that primary display is integrated gpu, plugged in back the RX 470 and I got into windows.
    In device manager the computer could see it, it was recognised as RX 480 with code 43, I immediately thought it's just a bad bios flash, went to Gpu-Z to check what currently is flashed, and found out it's flashed to Samsung 4GB memory..

I opened the card up, inspected memory chips, inspected the board, googled a bit and it turns out the card is actually RX 480 4GB, the seller just put backplate of RX 470 8GB to get more money out of it. I then downloaded original bios for RX 480 Sapphire nitro with 4GB Samsung memory, I wasn't getting code 43 anymore, I couldn't get into Windows at all with original bios.

I tried every bios that would fit my card and I can't get it to post directly with monitor cable plugged into card with proper bios, if I try to boot with igpu as display and proper bios installed, PC would either freeze on windows loading, or blue screen with error such as "thread stuck in device driver", "tdr video delay" or just black screen until it reboots itself. So i'm pretty sure it's hardware problem now, just unsure what to look for next, is it most likely to be a bad memory chip, bad gpu chip or could it be something like a bad resistor or something minor?

Any help or directions are appreciated !
    Last edited by LowVoltage; 04-09-2021, 03:10 PM.

Re: Sapphire Nitro RX 470 issue with bios / black screen / blue screen

bad memory chip

Comment

Working...
    X