Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock 775Dual-VSTA needs capacitors

@momaka
    Yeah I checked this morning the electrolytic caps on the 8800GT are 180uF 16V.

No I didn't order any for the 775Dual-VSTA yet

I wanted to do a YT channel for a long time, but it is only about 3 weeks old. I'm now waiting some better cameras as I rather enjoy doing them. if you like the channel do me a favour please and click subscribe - I need to get it more visible to searches. Having said that the few comments I have are all favourable so I am happy to continue with it.
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Originally posted by dicky96 View Post
      @momaka
      Yeah I checked this morning the electrolytic caps on the 8800GT are 180uF 16V.
      Yeah, I looked at the video again, and seems these are from the 12V rail / VRM high-side filters... so probably too low of a capacity... and SMD, which will make re-use cumbersome.

Originally posted by dicky96 View Post
      I wanted to do a YT channel for a long time, but it is only about 3 weeks old. I'm now waiting some better cameras as I rather enjoy doing them. if you like the channel do me a favour please and click subscribe - I need to get it more visible to searches. Having said that the few comments I have are all favourable so I am happy to continue with it.
      Will do.
      Just have to figure out what my Google account password is. I haven't used it in years, and it's an old work account from a repair shop I used to work at many many years ago... so display name is not even remotely accurate, lol. (Though perhaps that's a good thing nowadays? ) That repair place never bothered closing it. Apart from it, I actually never bothered to create a Google/YouTube account, lol (and as such, never logged in when watching YT.)

But yeah, I see you got some good stuff on there.
      IIRC, ReeceyBurger123 and Agent24 from here also have their YT channels. I think there was also another guy I spotted one time, but I forgot who it was. I thought about starting my own channel too, but knowing how slow I work on video editing, I just didn't want to sink more time in, even though I've shot a few short clips of stuff with somewhat unique/interesting content. So for the time being, making informational posts on BCN with pictures seems the easier route when I want to share something vs. doing a video. Plus, I tend to include too many details about everything, so I'll probably end up with hour-long videos with not much happening and a lot of taking, lol.
      Last edited by momaka; 04-20-2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I also have a YT channel but it's just random stuff. Will probably make a new one for tech related stuff.
        Main rig:
        Gigabyte B75M-D3H
        Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
        Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
        16GB DDR3-1600
        Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
        FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
        120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
        Delux MG760 case

Comment

@momaka - I'm enjoying making the videos - I just got a much better camera and improved my setup so I can zoom in over the desk from a camera mounted above it - plus I now have manual zoom/focus which helps because auto focus tends to auto not focus in my opinion. And I am using my original webcam in an inset window for the multimeter, bench PSU or oscilloscope in PiP mode.

Regards editing - I try to make 'real' videos so they are unedited, and you never know with one of my videos if it is all going to turn out fine in the end.... or not. I don't know how viewers will react to that style - either they enjoy it or think I'm not very good at fixing stuff sometimes. Time will tell.

If i can find Reecyburger and Agent24 channels I will give them a look. It's nice to hear a few others here also have YT channels.

Rich
          Follow me on YouTube
          ------------------
          Learn Electronics Repair
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Working...
          X