Philips 58pfl4609/f7 TV not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 58pfl4609/f7 TV not working

I have Philips TV model # 58pfl4609/f7. I got it for free (not working of course) and I am trying to trouble shoot the issue. The TV has three boards and if with your help, I could diagnose which board is faulty, I would most likely replace the whole board. So far, the symptoms are:

1. No power at all, no standby light, no flashing lights, backlight doesn't turn on.
    2. Standby voltage on the power supply is at exactly 5V
    3. No other pins (12,24V) show any voltage
    4. Pressing Power button does nothing

Could somebody help me out figure out which board is shot by providing info on what to check next?
    Attached Files

Re: Philips 58pfl4609/f7 TV not working

Without any further testing, this would point to the main board. I can't read the pins on the connector going from the power supply to the main board but it would be smart to check the PS-ON pin as the power button is pressed. If you have no or little voltage on that pin, then the main board is almost certainly the culprit. Make sure if you order one that you get an exact match. Usually there is an identifier on the white sticker that shows the board version. Don't order by the model number alone as there may be multiple types.

Comment

Thanks for replying.

I have the following pins on the PS board:

Smaller connector:
      175V
      175V
      NC
      GND
      NC
      SP
      NC
      ADJ
      ENA

Bigger connector:
      12V
      12V
      GND
      GND
      12V
      5V
      GND
      5V SB
      GND
      STB
      GND
      ADJ
      ENA

I do not have PS-ON pin or I do not know where to find it.

Comment

I believe ENA is ps_on. Sounds like mainboard as well.

I believe ENA,short for enable.. and that 175 v on small connector, that should be 17.5v
        Last edited by freakaftr8; 12-18-2017, 09:33 PM.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

There is no voltage change on the ENA pin on the bigger connector. I just forgot to check the voltage on the smaller connector (ENA pin) on the PS. Will do that later today when I get back from work.

Comment

Still need help guys. I have purchased a replacement main board but that didn't fix the problem when installed. Same symptoms (5V on standby, no other voltages present, no lights on the TV). When I unplug the TV, wait a bit and press Power button while connecting the power cable, I get 4 green light blinks. Any ideas?

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

You say their standby voltage you have a SB5V and an STB pin. Test each pin in its current state and post the findings.

Also what's the voltage at the primary capacitors on hot side of power supply when in standby?

Comment

Sorry for a delay in responding. Here are the measurements:

SB5V - 5V
                  STB - 0V (no reading)
                  Capacitors - 168V (those are the big long capacitors on the PS board)

Comment

Nothing on the 17.5v when you press power button?

Comment

I think STB is your ps_on
                      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Have you checked the small round (red) fuses F2,F3, on the power supply board, I see shopjimmy has a repair kit for this board, maybe check the fuse resistors like R48 & R15, they should read very low and not open.
                        Yes it looks like STB is power supply on
                        Last edited by R_J; 12-31-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-UPBPS.../dp/B0772T8WYH

https://www.shopjimmy.com/philips-58...repair-kit.htm

Comment

Nothing on the 17.5V when I press the power button. The round red fuses read 0.1 Ohm on all three of them (F1, F2, F3). R48 and R15 resistors look good too. Could it be the power board? The replacement main board was pulled from a working TV with broken screen so unless it got damaged during shipping, it should be working. I have also noticed that some of the wires go from the main board to the power board thru the LED board. Anything to check on that board?

Comment

I dont have specs on this power supply but if mainboard was not the issue, there's a possibility that mainboard is trying to bend the turn on command bit the power supply has a problem with turning on.

While pressing the power button no you get any voltage change at STB?

Comment

No change at any of the PINs on the power supply board. I have even checked with the remote to make sure button is not the issue.

Comment

Are you getting any voltage the input and power buttons via the small flat white ribbon cable?

Also monitor your 5v standby when you press power button.
                                  Last edited by freakaftr8; 01-06-2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

remove cn3 going to the main board, then jump +5vsb to stb, that should turn on the power supply if its working, it looks like it has a series resitor (R71) so no external resistor is needed
                                    R77 goes from that line (after r71) to ground holding Q8 base low in standby condition
                                    Last edited by R_J; 01-06-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Hi, I am new here but have been a viewer for quite sometime. Thanks for having this multitopic forum. I also have the Phillips 58PFL4609 flat screen.
                                      It does have a power supply issue. Here is what I can inform you, and I am hoping someone knows where I can find a schematic. Manualsunlimited does not have this one. Anyway, ShopJimmy does carry the repair kit for this for COMMON problems only. I have also read that the kit does not resolve all the issues with regard to no-start and maybe no standby. On the underneath of my board I have 2 smd zeners and 1 or 2 smd transistors that are shorted. On the top side one of the MOSFETS are shorted as well. I am hoping someone has a diagram so I can identify what the zeners breakdown voltages are. I have no problem sharing what I have found out with regard to bad components. Also, it is quite disappointing to look around the iNet and see the excruciatingly painful prices for that PSU. I was very interested in the business that advertises they will upgrade the board to non-inferior parts. Anyway, thanks for any help one may provide.

Comment

Old thread, but bumping it because I have the same problem.

Symptoms were: No signs of life at all. Power button did nothing. Remote did nothing.

Replaced PSU board: No improvement.

Replaced main board: WORKED AGAIN. For a couple of weeks. Then failed again. Same symptoms.

Is it possible something in my TV is killing the main boards? Or do the main boards have a common failure mode and I just hit it twice?

Comment

Working...
                                        X