Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Air A1466 EMC 3178 - no power

Hello guys!

I have a Macbook Air A1466 EMC 3178, S/N: FVFTMBQJJ1WL, with password on EFI.
    I dumped the EFI ROM using a 3.3v modified CH341A.
    Attached are the initial read, the file modified by me and the read after the flash from the chip.

I installed the chip back but the laptop won't start.
    The charger has green/orange light, SMC reset works, but no fan spin, no chime, nothing.
    In the process, one resistor flew away and was replaced, nothing else (R6130, replaced with 43.2Ohm1%).

Can you, please, check the dumps and see if they're correct, I'm not sure that the one I've modified is correct. Maybe that's why it won't turn on.
    One thing to mention, before removing the chip, the laptop was working and booted successfully.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DariusBogo; 04-16-2021, 02:49 PM.

Re: Macbook Air A1466 EMC 3178 - no power

Originally posted by DariusBogo View Post
    Hello guys!

I have a Macbook Air A1466 EMC 3178, S/N: FVFTMBQJJ1WL, with password on EFI.
    I dumped the EFI ROM using a 3.3v modified CH341A.
    Attached are the initial read, the file modified by me and the read after the flash from the chip.

I installed the chip back but the laptop won't start.
    The charger has green/orange light, SMC reset works, but no fan spin, no chime, nothing.
    In the process, one resistor flew away and was replaced, nothing else (R6130, replaced with 43.2Ohm1%).

Can you, please, check the dumps and see if they're correct, I'm not sure that the one I've modified is correct. Maybe that's why it won't turn on.
    One thing to mention, before removing the chip, the laptop was working and booted successfully.
    try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      try..
      Thank you, I'll try. Waiting for 2 new BIOS chips, as I managed to damage the original one.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
        try..
        Thank you!

With your modified file I could boot successfully.

Comment

Working...
        X