• Show
Clear All

Re: [TUTORIAL] fix asus bios with bios from asus web support

Very good to know.

Thank you ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by razor_amd View Post

Lenovo can be tricky, but you often get everything in 1 file. I have written the tutorial on another website but pictures are gone . I wanted to re-post here but I have to do it again someday...
      Can you direct us to the website you posted that tutorial? We wish to learn. Or any helpful site with tutorials or guides.

Comment

i have model asus S330FA error bios,i download bios&firmware on asus driver but i can't extract biosregion. please example.

Comment

So basically we are replacing the main part of the update bios which should essentially be the same version bios with the one on the chip? I'm asking because I have been trying to do something similar as just flashing the bios from the website onto the chip makes the laptop not power on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mijgan View Post
            Thanks a lot!!! Restored ASUS X542UA(M/B X542UQ Rev2.0) laptop, it locked bios admin password.
            I was wondering if this would work as well. Sounds worth a shot as I can always flash back original bios.

Comment

Originally posted by minhduc18 View Post
              i have model asus S330FA error bios,i download bios&firmware on asus driver but i can't extract biosregion. please example.
              Post your bios backup in a new thread in the Bios requests forum .
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Asus have started to include a Windows installer besides the normal updates. If there`s only a win update listed on the site the update can be extracted from the exe using innoextract . https://constexpr.org/innoextract/
                Attached Files
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by ala_borbe View Post
                  hm, thank you for kindly sharing your methond... very usefull
                  anyway, i intended to cover other brands with tutorials (toshiba, acer, hp is very nasty, sometimes bios from web update are encrypted and i found 3 differen methods that work)
                  but stuff in life happened and im not in industry anymore, although im keeping an eye on forum it has grown on me

just as remark, maybe you should repost and make sticky so that it can be found easyer by other people since you have done such a wonderful job...
                  anyway, sorry for OT and keep up the good work mate
                  Originally posted by razor_amd View Post
                  No problem, I found very useful info here and this is my way of repaying. It took me a while to make this tutorial but I am glad I did.

Anyway, this method can be used on all notebooks, not just ASUS, with others you just have to know what to look for inside BIOS Region. With HP there are BID's (BIOS ID), search it with Hex app and check which BIOS ID you have and need. Sometimes when extracting exe files from manufacturer website you will get only BIOS Region, sometimes ME Region as well with it in separate file and often there will be whole BIOS images. HP has ME regions in firmware section on their website, and I use those (newer) images when I build new BIOS.

For Acer it is mandatory to copy DMI, they wouldn't give image on screen if missing DMI data in BIOS Region. Toshiba is easy, maybe the easiest.

Lenovo can be tricky, but you often get everything in 1 file. I have written the tutorial on another website but pictures are gone . I wanted to re-post here but I have to do it again someday...
                  I copied your post and made it sticky,both your guides are excellent .

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96604

Comment

is there a tutorial on acer bios editing?

Comment

What about AMD devices. I have zenbook 14 with admin and can't find any info for removal. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kalilinux25 View Post
                        is there a tutorial on acer bios editing?
                        Off-topic. To answer your question, no it doesn`t seem so.You`re welcome to add your own tutorial though once you figure it out.

Comment

Thank you good job

Comment

thank you very much, my x555ln work now

Comment

Thnaks

Comment

The truth is that I had tried around 20 .bin files that I downloaded from several different places. I finally saw this post. My bios is 100% functional again. Thank you a thousand times.

Comment

Working...
                                X