X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi All,
    I'm Techerman.
    I used to do repairs on audio, video and lab equipment for about 35 years.
    Now I'm just fixing mostly my own gear. In 2015 I bought a bran' spanking new MacBook Pro retina and last year I shut it down went on vacation for about a week and when I returned it wouldn't power up. Been scanning the " Information SuperHiway" since for a schematic of clues and was happy to find Badcaps. I hope I can help someone else out at some point. What goes around comes around!

Take care,

Techerman

Comment

Well, looking in google, I've found very interesting information in this forum a couple of times and thought that was time to create an account and join this comunity. I'm Kike from spain and glad to be able to join, thanks!

Comment

the same as many of you, on Googling for some motherboard schematics documents i came across your site. i am Mark, from Melbourne and an IS analyst by trade. pleased to make your acquaintance.

Comment

Hi Guys,
          I'm a shy type who much prefers the "quiet life", Just venturing out into the world to get some much needed technical info.

Otherwise please to meet you all.

Comment

Hi All My names David i life in Kent in England just came across your site by chance I have a hobby restoring valve radios my username is the mirrorlid ekco TSC48 tv currently working on when i have time. I fixed our Siemens american fridge freezer a couple of years back caused by a dud capacitor. Just like saving items from being thrown away when can have new life !

Comment

Dear, good morning.

I came to the forum looking for technical information on a samsung motherboard.

Now I see that it is a great technical community with a lot of information of interest. I decided to register to share knowledge and continue learning.

Greetings from Argentina.

Comment

Hello to everyone on badcaps.
                I'm Jeremy and recently got into The hobby of troubleshooting/ repairing TVs.
                I'm new to electronics but have a passion to learn it.

Right now I'm working on a 2012 Samsung 60” model UN60ES7150FXZA.

It has a bad power supply Board and have Ordered a repair kit from shopjimmy.

However I have a short to ground on the board and the last trace point I got was SP3. Any idea what this part is?

There is a total of 5 on the board labeled sp1,sp2, sp3 etc... but only Sp3 is grounded.

Thanks in advance.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello !!
                  I have enjoyed electronics for a long time, and always wanting to learn more,

So what better way than to troubleshoot and repair broken electronics
                  I have taken on a project Vizio TV model D40F-G9 with a dead power supply Part # 715G7734-P01-000-002H
                  I have the 170VDC , but no regulated +5 +12 ect voltages

Any advice is appreciated

Comment

Hello

Iam Manuel new to this forum hoping to learn alot about repair.

Comment

Hello, I live in the UK and have somehow embarked myself into restoring/fixing vintage Macintosh and other bits and pieces. I'm more of a 'digital' guy but I've had to deal with quite a bit more analog lately and I can certainly use this forum for help!

Comment

Greetings, I am Leive Dun from Maracay, Venezuela, I am an electronic student eager to learn from your experiences. Excellent Forum

Comment

Hello everyone on Badcaps!
                          I am Wawen, an Electronics Engineer from the Philippines, currently an Electro-technical officer on merchant ships. Still a newbie but always wanted to learn more. I am excited to join this forum and I hope that I can also share/ help you guys.
                          Thank you!

Comment

Hey guys I am Neil from Naples Fl. I deal with a LOT of lighting. Someone recommended these forums to me because my Sony TV went bad along with several other things in the last storm! I hate lightning. After summer I squeeze my eyes shut and pray only a few things are destroyed

Comment

Hi everyone,
                              I'm Steven from Sydney Australian. I hope to make some friends and learn and share some electronics stuff in this gorgeous forum.
                              Thanks

Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you in advance for all your help!

Comment

Hello! I'm a french guy who try to repair stuff for my family or myself and love to learn things!

Comment

Thank you for accepting me in this forum. I hope to learn new things about this exciting technology.

Comment

Hi, my name is Renji and I'm excited to have join this forums, I loved building PC's and honestly wish I had the skill set to fix tvs or displays as a hobby. Hope to gain valuable knowledge from everyone here to develop my skills and level up lol

Comment

Hello

I am a retired it technician an I try to repair bricked machine to maintain my mind. I generally use Raspberry Pi and spi interface. Today I have a probook 450 g3 with a cheapest celeron and the bios (sp102133) offered by hp is corrupted. I joined this forum to try to find a solution. Regards

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Working...
                                          X