• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, Greetings from AU

Comment

Hi Badcaps,

Here Zaurus from Italy. I'm a self learning 40 year old technician, its an honour to join the squad!!
      I hope to expand my knowledge here and contribute to helping others.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
        I've been working in hardware electronics since the mid seventies, predominantly aviation related.
        Got interested in computers in the mid eighties which has never waned, have dabbled in programming but now nearing retirement seem to spend most of my time working on database solutions and fixing laptops for friends and contacts. Seem to be dealing with more motherboards nowadays which is why I've joined the forum for another handy tool in the box...

Comment

Hello from Borneo!

Comment

Hello guys
            I'am 47 years old i like
            - computers
            - cars
            - ukulele
            - Electronic.
            - Arduino
            - Rapsberry

:-)

Comment

Hi Yess I am a girl. Any other girls here? So I'm 54 years old started tinkering with the first Pentium PC's. Over the years I have always repaired and changed computer components myself. Now I have an old but great condition Asus Motherboard P5P800SE whith bad capacitors and found this place to try and identify the brand and found a post with the exact same ones. ÙThis helped me a lot in my search. From a young age like 12years old, I have always been curious and independant and started reparing my walkman and all sorts of things (plumbing too, my cars and anything that needs repair. I love the challenge and the conquering part is so satisfying.

Anyway my electronic knowledge is basic but learning is what drives me in life that means musical instruments too. I studied Jazz music.

Thanks for a great forum and the people in it.

Comment

Hey Folks,

I'm Wes and I love vBulletin forums.

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something here; I've gotten a lot of help from BadCaps over the years just from searching, and now I finally have to post a question of my very own!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi All,
                  Like to introduce myself. My name is Luke and I'm in Melbourne Australia.
                  Working in the electronics field for about 45 years. Great to read all the contributions.
                  Good to know that component repair is still alive and well.
                  Looking forward to reading this forum for many years to come.

Comment

Hi folks,

Seems like i stumbled across a gold mine! nice to meet you all. Im here because i believe everyday is a school day & i can certainly learn alot from being here.

thanks yall.

Comment

Hello All,
                      I just found and joined this forum looking for the info on the Macbook retina 12 board 820-00244.
                      I have EE MS degree and work in high tech company. Sometimes I help my friends to fix their electronics as a hobby and not for business. It looks like this forum has a lot of usefull information.
                      Regards, Anatoly

Comment

Hello from Netherlands.

Comment

Hi Guys and Gals. i am a new,new member I am Falco

Okay, hopefully, I am doing this right. I am 60 years young and an old hat at electronics, the first item I played around with was in 1971 and it was a big old round CRT TV. Fell in love with electronics of all sorts, I use to trace PC boards and pull parts manuals off the shelf to find out what the component pins did. back then it was almost impossible to acquire a service manual. I continued my passion for electronics self-teaching throughout the years even now, but electronic service paid little so I ended up doing different jobs Ie: Labore, mechanic, construction, electrical, plumbing. I earned my ham ticket and worked in the commercial 2way radio field for many years. at any rate, I feel as I can fix anything by providing enough time and funding I have no problem with the time it's always funding that is the obstacle. I am not going to list my achievements hear for it is long-winded.
                          I am happy to find a group that is knowledgeable enough to bounce ideas and mine for solutions.
                          Thank you for having me as a member and I hope to make many friends Via BadCaps Oh Those Caps. Dont yu just loveem.

Comment

Electrical turned software engineer who is trying their hand at repairing an old TV! G'day!

Comment

Hello Everybody! Just a guy who has a few questions about electronics and seem to have found the best place to ask

Comment

I got inspired to start fixing my own stuff so I've taken the plunge into electronics repair and am happy to have stumbled into this space. It looks to be quite a lively forum with very helpful and knowledgeable people. I hope to be both of those someday too.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Just want the POS TV that I don't want to replace to live again!

Comment

Hi Denis here from Cape Town South Africa. Have been in electronic repair since '86 and specialized in Mac since '95. If the world was shaped like a human body, Cape Town would be at the but end when it comes to the supply chain. So a lot of salvage is used in the repair of computers especially laptops but its a job and it feeds the beast mostly.

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm Dimitry, a 32 year old gentleman from Spain. My dad is an electric engineer and I have always been surrounded with electronics until eventually learning how to solder. I have an obsession with anything electronic and I sometimes scavage things from the trash. The past 10 years I've been modding Game Boys and I love it. I also got into Arduino and my biggest dream is to develop an interactive toy.

A week ago I picked up a TV from the trash and repaired it. Seeing my potential, I got 2 more broken TVs off a second hand app. I love tracking down the issues and there's nothing like seeing the device power on after you succeded.

Comment

Hi, I'm Steve from Croatia, 31 year old electronics mechanic. Besides of breaking things, I would like to fix some , thus that is why I'm here.

Comment

Hi Badcaps,

I am brand new to your site. Thanks for having me.

ic3m4nz

Comment

Working...
                                          X