X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hola,
    Soy español y soy técnico informático. También hago pequeñas reparaciones en monitores, televisores, videoconsolas...

No hablo ingles, pero lo entiendo muy bien.

Un saludo

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi
    I am Spanish and I am a computer technician. I also do small repairs on monitors, TVs, game consoles ...

I do not speak English, but I understand it well.

Best regards

Comment

Hi, I am a Tech living in the sunny island of Barbados. Did I say sunny? yes for all you folks in the winter vortex. My experience goes back some 20 plus years. I am a certified TV and Telecoms Tech as well as a PC Tech. I have one daughter.That's all I can say for now.

Comment

Hello, I'm a Tech with knowledge spanning many different areas, some being high knowledge and some just entry level. I'm here to learn and see if I can help others with whatever their problems may be. I'm actually in school right now for electronics and electrical engineering. But mostly I'm here because electronics are fun and getting that feeling, when you fix something that anyone else would think was just dead and unrepairable, is one of the best feelings ever.

Comment

Hi! I have a project I have been wanting to fix for years! I think all that I need is caps! I hope I can post pictures of what I need. Anyway, I am a newbie to all things electronic (for the most part), so please go easy on me!

Comment

Hello, I am fixing all possible electronics in my free time. I have found here some interesting information I need. Thanks

Comment

Hello,My names groovejet and im 36 yeard old. Im interested in all things mechanical and electrical. Although my knowledge is not very extensive in electronics. Thats were this site comes in.
              Im a Gas Engineer and pretty much got started in electronics from fault finding on gas boilers and associated controls.
              Im 36 years old

Comment

Sorry, That 36 years old thing was meant to get the chop!!!

Comment

Hello everyone here , am 24 years old , in my way to learn as most of the people here , and also give help if i can of course .

My goal is o learn a lot about Switched mode power supplies , their designs and their repair , because am struggling with some situations that ill be explaining in my futur thread .

Anyways peace up , and i hope to everyone here a nice navigation on the website .

Comment

Greetings!
                    My name is Jamie. I have an electrical engineering background, but have been working as a project manager for so long I feel I've forgotten everything.... it is humbling and frustrating, but I'd much rather ask than pretend to know I stumbled upon this forum while googling ideas to fix my led tv... This is looking like a great place to learn!
                    Thanks.

Comment

ola!
                      Caros colegas de profissão, é com grande prazer que estou aqui, meu interesse é somar/doar
                      , mais também extrair conhecimento.
                      espero ser justo e fiel as intensões deste fórum.
                      desde de já agradeço a oportunidade de ser membro.
                      Um grande abraço a todos.
                      Barack.

Comment

Hello,
                        My name is Tom. I have worked as an Electronic Technician since joining the US Navy in 1973.
                        Since the Apple ][ my passion has been resurrecting broken hardware.
                        To give them a new life and keep them in use rather than going to land fills. Even recycling them for their raw materials troubles me because I feel most can still be used by someone.
                        My reason for being in this forum to learn more about bad caps causing failures in LCD monitors and TVs.
                        I understand that is a very common cause.
                        I hope I can learn and contribute here.
                        Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
                        I have worked on (and still have) many older computers and monitors. Including: CP/M, Kapro, Apple ][, Apple ][+, Apple ][e, Apple ][c, Apple ][c+, Apple ][ gs, Mac 128, Mac Plus, Mac Portable, XT clones, AT clones, cables, cards, modems, etc.

Comment

David from Downunder here. I was trained in electronics in the late 70s and always had a passion for it as a kid. I became a technical trainer and eventually moved more towards non-technical training, so left electronics behind as a career. However have always remained interested from the hobby aspect, although it waxes and wanes a bit. About a year ago a neighbour asked me if his Pioneer Plasma was a write-off. I've fixed CRT TV s over the years but knew zero about flat screen TVs. A power supply changeover got that one going. Then my son dropped a magnificent Sony Bravia 55 inch LCD in for repair that he'd picked up on the side of the road. A replacement T-Con board got that going. (Originally sold in Oz in 2008 for $7,800 RRP.) Since then I've been hooked. I think I've got about 5 large screen TVs in the garage awaiting repair at the moment. I love the detective work of chasing down information on the net then trying to finds the parts at the best price. When I see that image come up on a written off TV it is just the best feeling! I'm enjoying my new hobby very much.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hey everyone. Been in electronic repair since 1993. Love it and made a living off of it thus far. I finally decided to join a forum and this is the best that I've seen for a while. Its great to be here and hope I can be of assistance to anyone in here.

Well Cheers...!!!

Comment

Hi everyone. Bobc here. I've been in the A/V industry for more years than I care to mention, and I found this forum while troubleshooting my plasma. Seems like most people (and some manufacturers) consider tvs as disposable after two years, and I don't agree with that. The forum looks like a good place to find what you need to make good choices of what to do when you're having problems, so thanks for the help in advance.

Comment

Recently retired physician who can no longer afford to throw it away and replace. Extra Class Ham and newly involved in kit building. Mad soldering skills!

Tom

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm a software architect with a knack for soldering, who doesn't like spending hundreds of dollars replacing stuff that can be fixed.

Comment

Hello from Birmingham.
                                      Just another newbie looking for motherboard repair info.

Ron350

Comment

hi all my name is Wade i live in North Carolina, always been good with my hands, taking stuff apart and putting it back together.
                                        Wade

Comment

Go with USA built components get rid of the Asia crap.

Comment

Working...
                                          X