X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all,

First time caller, long time listener.
    A chirping philips tv had me searching the net and I found this site.
    The information has been very helpful, so I registered in the off chance I have any further issues.

Thanks.

M

Comment

Hi,
      My name is Cristian Gittinger(Scootie), 34 years old. Been in the computer selling business since quite a few years but only recentley developed a heart for laptop repairs. Looking to learn a lot around here.
      Have a nice day.

Comment

Hi everybody, my name is Dave and I like fixing my stuff for free. I'm very grateful to all the experts out there who post info for free.

Comment

Hello, my name is Kyle. I am a 442a and 309a ticket holder. I mainly do industrial electrical, mostly power distribution systems. I work on every thing from voltages as high as 26,000 to as low as found in electronics. I do service and instillation 8-5 and have a part time business fixing generators and power electronics. I would like to say thank you for all the great information this forum holds and for all the bright people that keep this forum going!

Comment

Hi ,

My name is mikael , i'm from france , i'm 29 years old , i am an Electro-Mechanic Technician, with good knowledge in electronics ( i did some studies in audio visual and hifi ) , and computer too.

My best friends when i am doing some repair are my desoldering station, my fume extractor, my good old lead solder , and a background music!
            Main Pc : core i7 2600k @ 4.2 Ghz, ga-z77x up5 th , raptor WD 300Go , 16 Go crucial ballistix 1600 Mhz ,Asus Strix GTX980 DC2OC , Cooler Master storm trooper , Corsair AX860i.

Laptop : Asus X73SV-TY549V

Comment

Hi all. My name is Sascha ( Саша ) and Im from Serbia north province Vojvodina.

Im 34 years old and have a very bad temper, but Im working on it.

About tech background, well, I have a few years of experience in industrial electrotech, but very little in electronics, and I'm trying to cope with it. Most smaller problems I can fix myself but usually main problem is having a proper schematics, and if possible a guide if someone has already done it.

To be honest with you all that brought me here. Have a faulty LCD monitor, which is probably easy to fix, and Ive found a schematics but couldn't DL it. So Ill leech this time, but hopefully Ill be able to contribute in the future.

Cheers.

Comment

Hey guys, my name is Doug. I have very little experience with electronics. I work on cars and old computers. Going to school for a Bachelors in Information Technology. I enjoy fixing things.

Comment

Hey there,

I'm Ron. For years I have been checking this site for occasional info. I even registered here over 6 months ago just to be able to view an image I needed to see. I had forgotten about that until today. I just found out I had to post at least once to have permission to ask a question here. I suppose that is all and good as I am generally serious about comments and posts. Now I'm probably gonna need to get some advice here, but I'm still in the process of checking voltages to diagnose exactly where my current TV problem may lie.

I was quite happy to find this site existed as I had learned the details of the bad capacitor debacle when it was first realized over a decade ago. I've always been delighted to find a bulging or leaky capacitor inside a piece of discarded hardware that needn't be trashed.

My career was never in electronics (I'm retired), but I am self taught and eventually got an Associates Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology in 1992. Decades ago I had a lot of musician friends (w/ tech-nut musician roommate) and I learned to design my own sound effect devices for my violin, mandolin and guitar. I designed/built an envelope follower, analog delay, monophonic synth, and more.

My other passions are particle physics, astrophysics, cosmology, light&color, geology, computer science, evolution, archaeology, botany, weather, and a few more. I never quit learning. It took me 2 years to finally understand the Higgs boson. I guess I need a second life to really cover it all.

I hope this did it and I can post a detailed, non-rambling question here later when I need to.

Comment

Hi! My name is James (zoiman). I am retired and over 60 yrs of youth-or so I think. I had a career in the military(USAF) as a biomedical eng. and have interest in technical areas. I have over that time learned many skills that I no longer practice or can afford but still return when I can. My problems with consumer electronic devices(TV esp.) brought me to this site. So far the general info has been helpful. I look forward to more.

Comment

My name is Rob I am learning a new hobby here. Been dumpster diving, and I have totally broke a few and I have fixed a few lol. here to lean I have got a lot of really good info here and would like to thank all.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Found the forum while doing a search on google. My name is Matthew. I run a small IT company in SW Florida. Trying to help someone out fix a black screen issue with a Gateway All in One ZX4800. CCFL work and purchased replacement inverter with no luck. Guess it's the motherboard, hoping to fix the motherboard without having to replace, or at least be able to test without purchasing a replacement motherboard. Hope someone on here has a suggestion. I'll post my issue in full detail once I have the proper permission to.

Thanks for your time!

Comment

Hi I like to fix things and I hate to throw away an entire notebook for a single broken diode. And this place really helps. Thanks to everybody

Comment

Hi guys. I was searching about some technical info and found the site, seems really good. My name is George, and I'm from Greece and I am studying electrical engineering. I hope (and I will) learn a lot of usefull stuff here. Thanks!

Comment

What's up all

Comment

Hello. My name is Vitor Almeida. I'm Portuguese and I am manager of cars, and I like to repair computers, so I joined here. I hope to help and be helped as you can, sorry for my english.
                                Thanks to everybody

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm Giacomo from Florence, Italy. I'm a software guy mainly, with some limited knowledge of hardware coming from short experiences on embedded.

Looking to fix my hanns.g hh251 and came across your forum. Seems you are *the men*, there's a pretty pretty post just about that.

Will I be able to perform the fix? I'll discover this soon I guess..

Comment

Hello everyone

My name is Max i'm from Slovenia. I'm 22 and in the final year of my study (Informatics)...
                                    Hobbies: Fixing and repairing gaming laptops, (Alienware, ASUS, MSI), helping my friends and family with my knowledge..., programming

I Hope to learn a lot while I am here

Comment

Hi all,

I'm glad someone started this site/forum to help guys like me...I used to work on TVs for a living (part-time) while going to college (a LONG time ago, so unfortunately my skills are a little rusty, lol). Anyway, I'm now retired and in general can't afford to pay for service on my stuff, so....that probably explains why I found this place.

Look forward to 'meeting' some of you all on the boards here.

James

Comment

Whats up.

New to badcaps. Came here because every time I would search for troubleshooting or circuitry help, I ended up on these forums.

Name's Troy. Certified to work on commercial and industrial electronics as well as computer refurbishing and repair.

Comment

Hello,
                                          I'm here to learn and share what I've learned. I'm of few words, so read carefully. MG

Comment

Working...
                                          X