This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone,I found this extremely helpful site whilst working on repairing my daughters old Dell E173fpb monitor. Ive just started reading the posts and Iam sure the answer is here.
    I am a retired mechanic,worked mainly on electric forklifts and manual handling equipment.
    I enjoy electronics,computers and r/c .
    Hope I fit in.
    Cheers
    John

Comment

Hi, my name is Henry and I'm from Northern Ontario, Canada. I'm new here, I found this website searching google and I learnt a lot from reading one thread that I decided to join. So far it's been very informative. I'm 17, fairly new to computer hardware repair but I'm knowledgeable in general with computers. I've learnt that there is a lot of Chinese clones of high quality Japanese capacitors and my motherboard (ASUS P5B-VM SE) is riddled with them (KT and WX). It has been maybe 5 years I've had this computer almost nonstop running games or just idling without any problems. I've had the powersupply utterly fail (thread coming soon) but it's been replaced and everything still runs fine. Hopefully I can learn more from this wonderful community and maybe share a bit of my own knowledge and experiences .

Comment

Hello everyone, just joined. I knew the forum but i just register to seek more info about ebay's fake capacitor black hole/vortex/void, lol.

Its really a hobby to me so i dont know if my knowlege can contribute anything, but never say never, right?

Cheers, Dennis

Comment

Hello everyone!

I found the site looking for information on repairing Dell XPS 710 towers, as I inherited one that refuses to cooperate. According to some bright folks on this site, there may be hope that does not involve a full frontal lobotomy...

I am an storage engineer by profession but am between gigs at the moment, which gives me time to try to actually do this sort of operation.

Comment

My name is Mike, and I have an A+ certification in computer repair. I'm also a former aircraft electrician from the Air Force. My hobbies are computers and electronic repair. I'm 58 years old and live in South Carolina.

Comment

Hi guys new guy from Az, glad to be here.

Comment

Hello my name is Christo and I am 57 yrs old and from Az too! What are the odds of two people in a row joining from the same state only a few hours apart? Crazy I started messing with computers in 1986 and dove in head first. I've built countless machines for friends and their friends and on and on. I built my first water cooled machine in 1995 using a heater core from a tournament water ski boat as the radiator. I found this site looking for a fix for a Samsung 50 inch plasma TV I was given. I am sure I will be on here often absorbing knowledge from so many talented people on here. What a find this forum is!! Thanks for having me !

Comment

I'm Terry 41 from London England, Just here looking to learn so I'm hoping your all be nice to the new boy lol.

Thanks in advance to any help given

Comment

Hi newbie from CT. with bad caps on video card

Comment

Hi, I'm Lee from London, UK. I've been reading the forums for quite a while now and thought it was about time to register. I used to be employed as a "TV repair Guy" back in the day, but just interested as a hobby these days

Comment

Hello.

Im a 40 year old male from Sweden and find this forum really useful!
                        I have a big interest in computers and electronics.
                        Its nice to be here =)

Comment

I've joined up here for the immediate purpose of trying to get a failing syncmaster 275t monitor back on its feet. Hopefully, prior efforts posted by the members here can shed some light on the problem.

About myself, there's nothing special. A 25th year aircraft A&P mechanic/electrical tech.

Cheers to all.

Comment

I am new and in need of some advice. My first computer was a Commodore 64 and i have been tinkering ever since. I have repaired a few electronic gadgets through the school of try-fail then try again method.

I live in Sacramento but no place ever is home. Germanic heritage keeps me as a vagabond.

Hello to all and here to listen and learn. Also hopefully diminish the number of times I get shocked and the numerous trips to the electronic store.

Comment

Hi,

I am Technolix and found this board, while searching on a fault of a latop and found very useful information so far.

Hope I can help others with my knowledge too.

I have experience in soldering and notebook repairs of 10 years.

Glad that I found this forum.

Technolix

Comment

Hello All:

Badcaps looks like a great place.

Me? Male, age 62, retired and married for 30 years.

I'm more of a hobbiest (hobbyest? Nah.) than anything else. Not sure if this is where I should be posting my first post, but suppose the janitor can delete it if I'm wrong.

I'm a good practical mechanic and electrician but when it comes to electronics I'm pretty much a parts replacer.

Well, I guess I'll see if this works.

Comment

Hi noob here in Toledo Ohio. Have built and repaired many computers. Mostly identify and replace components not actually repairing boards etc. On parallel problem solving I have been somewhat active with Audi forums. Isolate and eliminate variables until problems are resolved. Just replace power supply on LED Flat panel and need Help. Looking forward to making this forum my go to for all things BADCAPS.

Comment

Hi all, noob here eager to learn about electronics, think i've found the right site

Comment

Hi all! I am a wet behind the ears noob when it comes to repairing electronics, but am a server jockey by day. This site looks great, and I look forward to learning more from all of you.

Comment

Hi all just a quick intro to the board. I'm an electronics technician within the automotive industry at the moment.I arrived here as I am attempting to repair my TV.I will try to contribute to the forum with any help I can offer.

Comment

hello,
                                          i am Laith from Jordan"ME",22 yo, i am a computer technician science 2005, i also do screens & cctv systems.

Comment

Working...
                                          X