This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone. Im a small electronics hobbyist tech. Been tinkering with all sorts of electronics since a kid. Still seeking to learn more, fix more and mod anything I can come encounter with. This is a hobby I love the fun of.
    Thanks everyone for all your support.

Comment

Hi

My name is Bill and I found this site researching some troubleshooting hints for a TV that shuts off after between 7 and 40 minutes, and after some poking around got it to stay on for 72 hours until I turned it off, where it began shutting down again.

New to electronics, my background is aircraft maintenance.

Comment

I'm an Air Force trained technician. Back in the 80s.
        I've kept current, but don't like SMD or pic programming!

Comment

MY name is Patrick. I joined the forum because I am interested in computer repair and I have recapped around 5 motherboards. I say this is impressive because I am 14.

Comment

hellow every one im new user thanks to this forum ill repair ng laptop

Comment

hellow to all

Comment

Hello all! I actually work on electronics at cellphone towers, but circuits are circuits... great site!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of it!!!

Comment

Hello everyone!

My name is Jonas and live in Denmark. I came here because i need advice on my faulty LCD TV.

Comment

Hello, Thank you for letting me join.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Discovered this forum recently. Great info on here for a beginner like myself.
                      Looking forward to being active on this forum.

Thank you for letting me join

zx81

Surinder Singh

Comment

New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I am Jason, a jack of all trades, master of none. I have come here seeking wisdom and help on repairing a Dell 2408wfpb monitor...
                        Thank you all for all of your input a sharing your experiences.

Comment

Hi, my name is Buddy and reside in Springfield, Mo.. I'm 29yrs old and have been taking electronics apart and building/repairing them since as long as I can remember.. I am self taught and motivated.. Through circumstance and home life, I never graduated high school or went to college/tech schools.. It wasn't in the cards I was dealt from the start and have been working since 15-1/2 resulting in the lack of time and ability to get the proper edu/certification.. As a knowledge junky I've learned and still learn everything I can (through books, web, and experienced people) about anything that catches my interest.. I refuse to allow myself to do any corner-cutting and do everything safely, accurately, and with great focus and respect.. I hope to learn all that I need and can in the short time I have left.. Sorry to b a mood-killer (please no pity, conversation, or questions on the subject) but I have been diagnosed with 2 forms of cancer and remain to be positive plus active in all that I do.. I won't be posting or conversing a whole lot but will be paying attention, taking notes, and posing the questions I develop along the way. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Hi, My name is Terry, male and a Pensioner. I live in Spain and have done so for over 20 years.I am fairly practical having renovated 2 houses complete with wiring the place and putting water in etc etc. Have built a couple of sculling boats as I used to be a professional coach. Very little electronic knowledge although I have repaired a couple of dry joints in my tv about 3 times. Not knowing my way round transistors and that I found the dry joints on the printed circuit with a watchmakers glass so that shows you that I am at rock bottom standard. I have had to learn to do a lot of things as we are in a village about 2000ft up not a shop in the village but it has a couple of bars. I must have about 5000 things in my workroom as it is a hours drive drown a winding road. So a 2 hour journey for a packet of screws is not on. Well thats it, regards to all, Terry

Comment

Great website

Comment

Hi
                                My name is Goran and I live in the south of Sweden.
                                Began in the mid 60's with sets of tubes.
                                Even then there were bad caps.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Comment

Hello All,

Just signed up, I'm a hardware technician that's been involved in a wide range of electronics for the last 23 years. I'm currently mainly involved with computer systems and domestic electronics. I seen this forum and thought it looked good so I joined. I think it's great to have forums like this, these days there's next to no help from the manufactures of the equipment, the more people able to share their knowledge, the more we can all learn. Hooray to people power.

Comment

Hi all,
                                      New to the site but have found it very helpful, I hate to throw away something that just takes a little time and effort to repair.
                                      We have become such a disposable society, its nice that there are sites such as Badcaps to help out.

Comment

Hello all,
                                        Signed up because I have been interested in electronics for quite some time. Fixed a few easy things in the past and getting into more difficult stuff now. Noticed a lot of very valuable information in this forum. I thank you for letting me join.

Comment

Hi everyone im new to this site i love electricity im 21 and looking fowards on learning

Comment

Working...
                                          X